18 LC power lift-gate issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having an issue with my lift gate reversing and closing intermittently. There is no way to tell when its going to happen. It occurs probably every 3rd or 4th time I open it. It doesn't seem to be binding or have any issues other than what is in the video. I haven't been to the dealer yet, I was going to poll the audience first. Thoughts?

Open it without power assist and look/listen for binding. I have had gas struts that stiffen*/slow down* too much as they near full open. The mechanism may perceive that slowdown as too much resistance.

*I’m talking about the slowdown that prevents it from slamming open.

Either way dealer should take care of it.

I've had the same thing happen with my '19 but can't seem to recreate it with any regularity. The only thing I have felt made a difference was where/how long I pushed the button underneath to make it go up.

Also, it's never reversed on the way down...only on the way up...and mine has done it after going to partially.

I have exactly the same issue with my 19 LC. It seems that it happens when I leave the vehicle outside and the sun hits the rear for a few hours.

Took it to the dealer. They did not do anything with it as they could not replicate the issue.

I pushed the power/manual button on the dash to put it in manual mode and manually opened it 5 or 6 times, put it back in power mode and I haven't had the issue since. Plenty of heat here in Oklahoma. Hopefully it is resolved at least for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom