200 series power issue under load (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am hoping you 200 LC owners may have some thoughts on this issue i have with my 200 series 2008 landcruiser 4.5 L TD 350k on clock. when under load towing and generally when going up steep incline, foot flat on accelerator - car wont rev over 3000rpm. been to various mechanics inc Toyota, and diesel mechanics - tested injectors - told no issues, fuel pump tested (hose replaced) , new intercooler, car not faulting when under testing (not tested specifically under heavy load or uphill towing) - issue still remains with no dash warning lights - car just dies off and wont power on up the hill. I have also had ongoing issues with the wiring (some corrosion/water damage) /electronics - could it be connected?? or are there other things I should be checking ? starting to think I should give up on it:)

I am hoping you 200 LC owners may have some thoughts on this issue i have with my 200 series 2008 landcruiser 4.5 L TD 350k on clock. when under load towing and generally when going up steep incline, foot flat on accelerator - car wont rev over 3000rpm. been to various mechanics inc Toyota, and diesel mechanics - tested injectors - told no issues, fuel pump tested (hose replaced) , new intercooler, car not faulting when under testing (not tested specifically under heavy load or uphill towing) - issue still remains with no dash warning lights - car just dies off and wont power on up the hill. I have also had ongoing issues with the wiring (some corrosion/water damage) /electronics - could it be connected?? or are there other things I should be checking ? starting to think I should give up on it:)
Diesel of on hill/ dont power on….hmm never had that with mine
So for me it sounds like it is also related to the position of the car.
Only thing that relates to position is fluid.
—> checked your diesel filter? (/the housing)
-> maybe something was biting on cables so the fuelpump makes a shortage?
-> maybe some blockage within the piping?
-> maybe the air vent of the tank is blocked? (btw does the diesel also have a extra filter build into the tank?)
-> maybe the pump itself has a problem
-> is it related to temperature? Friends Hilux went of once bc the filter was frozen bc of some water withing the diesel

ps.: did you tried to drive onto a steep ramp or something too see how much it is related to the position?

Diesel of on hill/ dont power on….hmm never had that with mine
So for me it sounds like it is also related to the position of the car.
Only thing that relates to position is fluid.
—> checked your diesel filter? (/the housing)
-> maybe something was biting on cables so the fuelpump makes a shortage?
-> maybe some blockage within the piping?
-> maybe the air vent of the tank is blocked? (btw does the diesel also have a extra filter build into the tank?)
-> maybe the pump itself has a problem
-> is it related to temperature? Friends Hilux went of once bc the filter was frozen bc of some water withing the diesel

ps.: did you tried to drive onto a steep ramp or something too see how much it is related to the position?
I did have an additional fuel filter but the Toyota guys bypassed it on last visit a few weeks ago as they said it was causing some issue with ?air (I was having a starting issue). Not reconnected yet.
Will check on the exhaust .
Might take it back to Toyota with horse float attached and ask them to take it for a drive up the range.

Run TC and see if you have codes. Could be some mysterious, bespoke Toyota limited limp-home mode kicking in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom