17 LC - cool box leather lid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody know the part number of leather lid or armrest that closes the cool box? Also, are there any instructions anywhere on forum to replace that? I don’t see any screws visible to naked eye. Thanks.

82A1E36C-E974-447A-9180-22C45267BDCB.jpeg

Not 100% sure on part number (Toyota 58821-60580-C0), but if I'm right, pretty sure you won't like the answer (online price ~$750). Mostly as they sell it as an assembly, not just the leather/vinyl cover).

Based on the FSM lid does come apart. There are clips that have to be detached all around the edge (PM me if you want me to send more info). I'll throw in a pic from the FSM below. I have to say I've not done this, but I did for my 100 series and it was a similar arrangement. In that case, I took it apart and had a local auto upholstery shop replace the cover, then I reinstalled. You might just want to take the assembly to the upholsterer and see what they say.

B180346.png

FYI, I got one of those covers for my LX and they have "LAND CRUISER" printed in a somewhat ugly font on top. Wish they are just leather as the pictures suggest.

Not 100% sure on part number (Toyota 58821-60580-C0), but if I'm right, pretty sure you won't like the answer (online price ~$750). Mostly as they sell it as an assembly, not just the leather/vinyl cover).

Based on the FSM lid does come apart. There are clips that have to be detached all around the edge (PM me if you want me to send more info). I'll throw in a pic from the FSM below. I have to say I've not done this, but I did for my 100 series and it was a similar arrangement. In that case, I took it apart and had a local auto upholstery shop replace the cover, then I reinstalled. You might just want to take the assembly to the upholsterer and see what they say.

View attachment 2501556
I think you are right... I called a dealer and he provided the same part number. However, I thought this would do the job.

FYI, I got one of those covers for my LX and they have "LAND CRUISER" printed in a somewhat ugly font on top. Wish they are just leather as the pictures suggest.
Is it easy to fit? Based on reviews, it seems to crease out on opening and makes the small compartment on top of cool box inaccessible. Is that true?

Is it easy to fit? Based on reviews, it seems to crease out on opening and makes the small compartment on top of cool box inaccessible. Is that true?

I haven't had any real issues. Over time it needs to be readjusted (pulled back) because it will shift around a little. The LX has a split console armrest so the fit is probably better on the LC. I have kids and dogs and it serves it's purpose of keeping the console leather from being completely destroyed.

I think you are right... I called a dealer and he provided the same part number. However, I thought this would do the job.

Certainly looks like it would. My dealer would want me to make a full non-refundable payment before ordering, so I would call those guys and maybe offer to send a pic - to try and verify fitment.

I would just have it upholstered with a better quality leather with a firm foam backing, unless your lid is broken. Otherwise, upgrade it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom