16x7 rims - group buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking of making another order for the Unique rims. I confirmed with the fella in the USA that Unique can still make the 7760's with 3.5" BS. $15.00 USD charge per custom wheel.

Cost will likely be around the same mark as last time (even with the USD having gone down, the cost of the wheel has gone up) which ended up being $90.00 per wheel. This includes a charge of $5.00 per wheel for my time to head up the order, spend a day picking them up, and paying 14% at the border.

This is not a G&S thing.

It is pre-paid only.

It is pick up at Abbotsford only.

I can get black or white (black costs more)(quoted is white).

I can get 16x8 with 4" BS, which would likely require running spacers to clear the tire from the spring on turn...but I have never run them...so take your chances (Unique 7860 is normaly 4.5"BS).

I have run the 16x7 with 255/85/R16 with the 4" BS, and had no rub, so getting the custom BS of 3.5" will be no issue at all.

Post up if you are interested.

If you don't want custom BS take $20.00 cdn off the price.

All prices approximate at this point...but close.

gb

greg are these the split rims? any photos? weight ratings?

If they can do 4.25" backspacing 16 x8 you may interest a few 80 owners including me (the 16x8 steelies I bought recently turned out to be 16 x 7 :( ). 4" backspacing might also work for an 80 and just increase tracking. What is the price?

Not a split rim.

You can check them out here: http://www.uniquewheel.com/catalog_pg2.html and look at the series 21.

2000lb rating.

Add $8.00 cdn max per wheel for the 15x8. They can move the inner .5" from the BS mentioned on the page I linked to...so you could order them in 16x8 with 4.25"

Would suggest you will be hitting $100.00 per wheel if you order the 16x8 with custom BS...after taxes, and stuff.

I have no idea if the hub and bolt pattern is the same on an 80 as the 40/60/70 series...And I have no idea if these wheels will work on an 80 (caliper issues), so you are on your own to research...If you can confirm, then sure...I will order with prepayment.

Maybe visit a local shop that has the 7860 for a test fit...

gb

hub and bolt pattern is the same. calipers should not be an issue (with the right backspacing you can run 15s on a 93+ 80 series on the front stock and on the back you can do it if you grind the caliber a little).

However, that price would put them too close to Dan's OEM steely price to bother.

Let me ponder whether 4.5" backspacing can work. If it does not rub then it's only 1/2" of track width lost. 16 x 8 steel rims are special order everywhere I have checked locally so I doubt I could find somewhere to test fit.

Hi Greg,

FYI....

Toyota has 16" steel rims w. 3.5" BS in gray for about $80 Cdn per. I called Open Road Toyota in Richmond last week on this.

B

Hi Bruce

Yes, thanks...the Toyota are 16x6, and heavier duty then the Unique.

I have five in the shop....waiting for to right time for some 8.25R16 or 9.00R16's...

I prefer the 7" for the 255/85/R16.

Bruce...I believe the BS on those Toy wheels are 3.75" too...but they work fine. Stone has them on his truck, as does Sheldons Dad.

gb

Hi Semlin

Does your 80 not have 16's already?

Sure...do your homework, and if you want some just post up. No returns though...

If Dan's OEM steelies are like the ones Bruce mentioned, they will be heavier duty then the Uniques. Not that the Uniques are thin...just not as beefy as the 16x6 Toy ones.

gb

Feb of 2004 this was the cost on the wheels...landed, taxed paid, my $5.00 per wheel included.

White 16x7 with 3.50 custom will be $81.00 each
Black 16x7 with 3.50 custom will be $90.00 each

White 16x8 with 4.00 custom will be $88.00 each
Black 16x8 with 4.00 custom will be $97.00 each

I priced the 16x7 white today, and with the current exchange rate, 14% at the border, the $15.00 USD per wheel, and my $5.00 cdn per wheel for my trouble the total comes to $91.04 per white 16x7. Even with the USD falling against the Cdn currency, it seems the price of steel has increased the cost of the wheel.

gb

greg, the 80 uses 4.5" backspacing not 4.25" so those uniques would work. now I just need to decide whether I want to buy them as opposed to using the crappy ones I have or buying the pricey toyotas. Let me think about.

you don't by any chance need a place to ship these tires in the us do you? I have a place in pt. roberts you could use as a delivery site and that way I can avoid the tax by bringing them back 2/3 at a time when i go down for the weekend.

to answer your question, i have the standard 16x8 alloys on the truck. I would like a second set of 16x8 alloys or steelies for some 33 or maybe 35" used mt tires and would then probably sell my near new 32" bfg ats and go to street tires for dd around town.

the C-dan oem steelies for the 80 are 16x8 with 4.5" back spacing in silver that looks like the 80 alloys if anyone is interested. very beefy and heavy (42 lbs each). Dan gives free shipping inside the us for an order that size.

have you guys considered getting someone to cut the backspacing on tundra steel takeoffs? They are 16x7 with 4.5" backspacing on ebay very frequently for under $100 for a set of 4 brand new because the americans like their aftermarket rims
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=37400&highlight=tundra+takeoffs

Greg,
I would like 5 wheels in black,
but I would need them shipped to Cochrane (near Calgary)
If this is possible (with the extra shipping cost)
let me know and I will take them.
If not then maybe some other time.

They are not shipped; I pick them up. Thanks for the offer though.

Illegal to move the inners fwiu if not done so at the factory (ya...I know)

Do you know if the inner can move much on those tundra take-off's?

The outer would have to have quite the lip, and many times they can not be moved much. When I first looked into have Unique move them in the middle of 2003 they could move the inner 3/4". When I finally put the order in, they had changed outer manufacturer, and could only move it 1/2".

gb

I know e9999 on this board has a set of tundras. You could ask him about the lip. I find it hard to believe it is illegal. Do you know if that is a provincial or federal law?

"A wheel or rim shall not be repaired by welding unless the weld repair is to an aluminum wheel or rim and is made in accordance with the Weld Repair of Aluminum Alloy Wheels Regulation."

Gotten from http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/reg/M/MotorVehicle/26_58/26_58-04.htm #20

Of course interpretation is open to debate: "what is a repair?"...I simply raised this so eyes are wide open.

And this one for Aluminum: http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/reg/M/MotorVehicle/5_97/5_97.htm

But then these folks in Richmond seem to offer widening, narrowing, change centers, etc on steel or aluminum. I would suggest they meet any regulations however...

http://www.greensautomotiveltd.supersites.ca/wheelrepair/

gb

Greg,,

The white ones are not D window however are they ??

http://www.uniquewheel.com/images/products/21.jpg

21 is white, 42 is black

gb
Moab2001.jpg

Last edited:
greg, i have decided to use the old 16x7s with 33's and see if it works, but thank for the infos. Looking closely at the used 16 x7s I have I realized they are Unique 21's! 4" backspacing, made in usa. I sandblasted them today and rattle canned them grey. trying to decide on the rustoleum primer grey or going with something a little darker

Greg, can you put me down for 1 white 3.5" BS'er? If I don't end up converting my trailer to Cruiser wheels I'll have a full set I could sell...

thx

Done...

Group order went in for the custom 3.5" BS last week.

gb

sorry to pop in here, but I just went thru having custom Uniques made, thru Discount Tire, you can get them with or without the red/blue(or whatever it was) painted pin stripes on the wheels. The 1st one came in with the stripes............so they called and had another made without.

John

Landpimp said:
sorry to pop in here, but I just went thru having custom Uniques made, thru Discount Tire, you can get them with or without the red/blue(or whatever it was) painted pin stripes on the wheels. The 1st one came in with the stripes............so they called and had another made without.John

No worries at all John! Thanks, I'll phone down and see if they will do the same for us, or at least catch the order in time...

Thanks

gb