16+ LX guys... show me your racks! (roof rails) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HGB

Threads
I'm wondering if I can retrofit the 16+ roof rails onto my 13. I like the low profile look (almost looks like it doesn't have a rack) that would allow me to add aftermarket crossbars without gaining an extra 3-4" from the 2013 roof rails.

I can see photos of them online, but I'm curious on how they attach. Do they use the same mounting points as found on a 13, or are they different? Anybody know the part numbers?

Many thanks.

They use the same holes through the roof but not the same clips with threaded holes as the standard racks. They have studs or bolts and are secured with nuts from below. To use you’d have to pull the headliner, remove the stock rack and clips, and then install the gen 3 LX rack.

Reactions: HGB
They use the same holes through the roof but not the same clips with threaded holes as the standard racks. They have studs or bolts and are secured with nuts from below. To use you’d have to pull the headliner, remove the stock rack and clips, and then install the gen 3 LX rack.

First response and it nails what I needed to know. Do you think it’s a challenging undertaking? Never pulled a headliner before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom