'16 always defaults to nav screen vs home screen on start-up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've set up a custom home screen. It works like a charm when I press the HOME button on the dash. However, every time I start the vehicle, it defaults to a map/nav screen, and not my home screen. According the manual, it's supposed to default to my home screen. Any ideas on how to fix this, or did I need to add this to the growing list of issues I'm having a dealer address?

Thanks in advance!

That is pissing me off too. I think it remembers all screens but home which is the most stupid thing I have seen. What other issues do you have in your 16?

Other issues (so far):

* Either the foam in the front seat or the seat cover was incorrectly installed from there factory, causing a large "pinch" down the side of the front seat cover. Dealer has ordered a new cushion and seat cover. Surprised Toyota didn't find this in QA. There are similar creases/pinches on the rear seat, but I can live with those.
* The infrared connectivity in the right rear DVD screen doesn't work properly. The wireless headset will only receive sound when the screen is flat against the front seat; small angles will disrupt the sound. The screen on the left works just fine. Dealer's not sure what the issue might be, but feels the only solution is to order a new screen. They have no idea when it'll arrive "could be 6 months" as Toyota has none in stock in North America and have never had to order these before (new model).
* Satellite radio connectivity is more intermittent than in other vehicles - will often lose connectivity out in the open for 3-4 secs, for no apparent reason (and despite no obstructions).

Have you experienced any issues?

Seat no problem yet, beside leather cracking marks. Just ordered the leather pristine rejuvenator to help the seats. They are so soft I am afraid that may have problems in the future. Where exactly do you feel the pinch? Or do you see seat leather not aligning? You have mentioned side of the seat. Can you take a picture and I look if this is common thing. I may not have noticed yet.

DVD screens are useless to me. Took me a while to make them play from the phone through a pairing cable. The codec is weird and don't play anything from thumb drive, etc.... Mirroring the phone made it work. I need to try pivoting them and see if I am having any problems like yours.

Satellite radio has no problems until I get to parking garages, etc which is expected. Quality of sounds is bad anyway due to compression, so as soon as free subscriptions runs out I will come back to local station which sound much better and personal MP3s.

Does it continue to default to the nav screen even after doing a hard reset of system by holding the power button for 3 seconds?

Did either of y'all have a previous 200? The '16 seems a lot slower to me compared to my '09 200.

And yes I have the same issue with home, nav screen. It always defaults to nag even after I select home.

Does it continue to default to the nav screen even after doing a hard reset of system by holding the power button for 3 seconds?

Yes indeed. If I turn it off when on Audio settings it starts there when I switch it on. But it won't start on the home screen, always the Nav screen - even when I switch it off while on home. Think it's a software coding issue.

Seat no problem yet, beside leather cracking marks. Just ordered the leather pristine rejuvenator to help the seats. They are so soft I am afraid that may have problems in the future. Where exactly do you feel the pinch? Or do you see seat leather not aligning? You have mentioned side of the seat. Can you take a picture and I look if this is common thing. I may not have noticed yet.

DVD screens are useless to me. Took me a while to make them play from the phone through a pairing cable. The codec is weird and don't play anything from thumb drive, etc.... Mirroring the phone made it work. I need to try pivoting them and see if I am having any problems like yours.

Satellite radio has no problems until I get to parking garages, etc which is expected. Quality of sounds is bad anyway due to compression, so as soon as free subscriptions runs out I will come back to local station which sound much better and personal MP3s.

The side of the front driver seat - specifically thr patch of leather above the seat controls - is pinched. It looks like someone is squeezing the front and back of the cushion together to create a permanent trough in the leather. It's smooth on the passenger side. Looks like sloppy install from the factory. If you don't notice anything weird when looking at the side of your seat with the door open, then you're good to go!

Did either of y'all have a previous 200? The '16 seems a lot slower to me compared to my '09 200.

And yes I have the same issue with home, nav screen. It always defaults to nag even after I select home.

The '16 is my first LC so I'm afraid can't offer a comparison. It seems fine to me, but the again I don't really hammer it. I have another car for spirited driving :)

In my 2008, I actually keep the screen OFF 99% of the time, as my phone or tablet offers far superior maps...and I use my phone for both music and satellite services. Thankful, the console does remember that I prefer the screen OFF...and just lights up when I need to see various controls such as AC settings, or other features controlled via the screen. Then it goes properly black again.

In my 15 I had the same thing, it would always revert back to Nav, then I found a setting in the setup that allows the screen to always shows the last screen instead of reverting to Nav, maybe it's the same in the 16?

In my 15 I had the same thing, it would always revert back to Nav, then I found a setting in the setup that allows the screen to always shows the last screen instead of reverting to Nav, maybe it's the same in the 16?

It does remember the last screen provided it's not the home screen. That one it can't remember.

Update: The dealer took a look at my car, other new '16s and called Toyota. Bottom line is that the manual, as currently written, is incorrect. The vehicle defaults to the nav screen on start-up (or last non-nab screen EXCEPT home screen). There is no way to have it default to home screen. Toyota either need to update/fix their software or update the manual, but all '16s tested do the same and defy the manual. Issue confirmed as now known by Toyota.

Picked up our '16 lc today. Amazing ! Same issue with rear pass side player. Very crackly with 3 Difft headsets. All else is good

Sent from my iPhone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom