15b-ft or not to be? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Nz Nath thanks I’ve ordered that, I’m sure it’ll be a solid start, like you say it might even work out well for what I need, I’m going to do some more reading on turbo setups though and educate myself a bit more, “every day’s a school day” and I like to have a good understanding of what I’m doing, I’ll have a read through 4btswaps.com too when I get chance I hadn’t come across that website.

Sorry if this has already been offered. If your engine has the large flywheel it also has or had a short alloy adapter ring that allowed h15x trans to fit with the proper bellhousing. I have one of the adapters and rear plate for sale.
I sold my 15B-ft engine with an alloy 3B bellhousing, rear plate, and the small diameter 8 bolt flywheel that was on 88 and later 3B-ii engines
Coincidentally the large diameter flywheel you have is identical to a 1hd-t.

Last edited:
14b-t turbo manifold has same bolt pattern as does 3b-2. I have a 3/4 plate steel manifold to head flange if you are interested

Sorry if this has already been offered. If your engine has the large flywheel it also has or had a short alloy adapter ring that allowed h15x trans to fit with the proper bellhousing. I have one of the adapters and rear plate for sale.
I sold my 15B-ft engine with an alloy 3B bellhousing, rear plate, and the small diameter 8 bolt flywheel that was on 88 and later 3B-ii engines
Coincidentally the large diameter flywheel you have is identical to a 1hd-t.

Hi lynchmob, can you PM me or write up some more detail regarding the usefulness of the 15BFT large 8 bolt flywheel and short adaptor piece?

Mine came with the flywheel, starter and the engine side of the 2 piece bellhousing, which I think are stashed away somewhere. From memory there was no fork/throwout etc

@Nz Nath

Ok cool I understand thanks, I had thought the inlet on the turbine looked extremely small, I believe about 40mm Diameter.

Right HX30 It is then.

There’s one for sale on eBay currently

Compressor 40/69mm
Turbine 52/65mm
Turbine housing 6cm2 ( t3 single entry) V-band 3”
Oil cooled

Does that sound like the ticket?

That's too small. You need the 44mm intake compressor.
6cm turbine housing is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom