14BT injection pump ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 14BT build just around the corner , have just bought a 14B and building it as a 14BT using turbo rods ,etc - gettn this motor real cheap as a good builder ( complete minus alt & starter ). Does anyone know if the turbo version injection pump is a rotary or an inline ? would it be possible to modify a 13BT inline pump to suit a 14BT ( if the turbo is rotary aswell ) ?

i know the natural ( non turbo ) is a rotary but not sure about the turbo version

oh so the turbo version is a rotary aswell ? is the top cover the aneroid & extra Volume delivery or something ?

I am looking at possibly boring & sleeving the 14B block out to 15B size 108mm ( 14B = 102mm) if the block is thick enough around the sleeves , not sure how to get the extra delivery volume from the injection pump or if i have to find another pump more suitable ?????

I don't know what the stock pump is, I think there was a thread here with some pics, I suspect toyota disn't bother with 2 different styles on the same generation engine though, but I could be proven wrong.
The top cover is mostly a fuel limiter that works linear with boost, the total max volume is the same adjustment on the pump except its set much higher for full boost. HTH.
You could always run a non-compensated pump with a turbo, if boost is fairly constant and comes early and you don't mind a puff of black smoke when you press hard. If you are used to it you can use your right foot as a fuel(smoke) limiter like I did on my LJ70 when I threw the turbo on with the stock pump.

Can you report the numbers on your 14B pump ? If it's something like VE4/12 it's pretty much as big as it gets in the distributor family but you could probably outrun it with a lot of boost, it all depends if you want 200 300 or 400 hp I guess :D

organising frieght for it tommorrow , so hopefully hit my area early late this week - early next week . have details then & photos galore .

I wonder if you can pull an injection pump from another motor like a 4bT cummins ,etc with an inline pump & modify it to suit . I am planning of running around 20 psi boost as will have forged pistons with slightly lower comp raito to handle it (with a pair of Garrett GT25 VNT's modded to suit ) . Really want to "HOTROD" this engine to see what it can do & for gaining the experience & knowledge for the future .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom