13B-T Turbo part question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi

Just checking out the turbo on my 13B-T, and found that the actuator/waste gate valve appear to be seized. (the part that is indicated by the screw driver in the attached pic).

Any ideas on how to get this thing moving again?

Thanks

Mike
turbo.JPG

Theres a great product called Mouse Milk. Penetrates and frees up just that kinda thing.
http://www.mousemilk.com/

I can honestly say I have used it to free up wastegates on aircraft.

it can be bought in many aircraft supply shops. Maybe at grainer/aklands. can be used on all exhuast stud type stuff. Nothing compares. for high temp frozen parts.

Hi Guys,

Pardon my ignorance... is this a valve or just a plug (bolt) that is siezed? If a valve and siezed, does that mean it is no longer operational? I own a BJ74 with a 13B-T. Should I be checking?

B

B

I'm no expert either ... and this my first turbo; so, in an effort to get to know my turbo I have followed the directions in my repair manual regarding how to check whether its functioning properly or not. One of the function tests involved checking the operation of the wastegate valve by applying 0.68 kg/cm^2 of pressure to the actuator hose. The manual suggests that if the rod does not move ... then the turbocharger assembly must be replaced.

Because I am not interested in hunting down a new turbo just yet, I was hoping that there were other options.

Brownbear .... my previous understanding of "Moosemilk" involves a concoction of various types of liquor combined with milk and/or ice cream. This mixture is sometimes served during informal military-mess functions. Anyway, it sounds like the perfect product for this job .... i'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again

Mike

Ohhh …. Mousemilk … not Moosemilk …. Well, that’s my Freudian-slip for today. Just like me to think about Booze when I should be thinking about penetrating oil.

You can unbolt the clamp that holds the exhaust housing on and once dismounted you can look through the front of the exhaust housing and you will see the valve. Try to spray some sort of realesant on this if there is no way of loosening is then you should be able to buy just the exhaust housing. (Exhaust housing with be very tight on to the turbo so you will have a bit of a time getting the too apart, to put them back togather you must use some scotch brite on the mating sufaces.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom