13B-T oil pressure gauge/sender request (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of a site/individual who can sell me a genuine toyota oil pressure sender for my 13bt? 24 volt also.

My oil pressure gauge shows little to no activity, even when cold, yet the truck starts on half a turn of the starter every time and pulls very strongly so oil pressure/compression can't be as low as the gauge makes it out to be.

Would need to be able to ship it to New Zealand as well.

Thanks very much
Josh

I used Amayama which might or might no make sense for you on the other side of the world.
https://www.amayama.com/en/

When I took the original sender out it was terribly rusty and corroded as was the connector from the wiring harness. At that time I put in place a plumber's Tee that I will eventually use to install a mechanical gauge's piping. Right now I just have the new sender.

A search on this site will show you that the low pressure reading you see now is probably nothing to worry about.

Mine has read low ever since I put the motor in my BJ70, had a mechanic hook up a manual one and it read good oil pressure readings. So I just look at my stock one and if it is reading a quarter way up the gauge then it is good as that is where it was reading when both gauges were hooked up. I think that it is just a quirk of the OME gauge.

A damned unwelcome quirk.

This should be the part number you need to get one from Toyota, but I haven't ordered one myself so can't confirm 100%:

83520-60020

That is the correct 24 v sender.

i need a 12volt sender but cant seem too find one through the local parts shops , all i keep hearing is they only have oil light switches....there are a few on the shelf at super cheap auto that look the same , does anyone know if other toyota ones would be the same thread or work ?

I would only use Toyota senders personally. Amayama is excellent for these parts. PM me if you need more help mate.

In saying that, to close out the thread I ended up installing an Auto Meter mechanical oil pressure gauge and running my factory one as is for originality. For what it’s worth my pressure is really good. Like REALLY. 35psi hot idle, 90 psi cold start, 70 psi hot running around 2k rpm.

i need a 12volt sender but cant seem too find one through the local parts shops , all i keep hearing is they only have oil light switches....there are a few on the shelf at super cheap auto that look the same , does anyone know if other toyota ones would be the same thread or work ?

There is nothing special about Toyota's oil pressure sender. It is used on 50+ vehicles including non Toyotas. There are quality aftermarket senders out there, I used one for 6 years before I sold the vehicle. I think mine had "Camry" on it and it went onto a 1HZ.
There is no difference between diesel and petrol. Some have an earth or ground tab but they will earth to the engine block if it doesn't.

Thanks Rosco , thats exactly what i was hoping too hear.... I already figured out the earth wire wasnt needed and thats what got me wondering..
I got one from All 4x4 spares ...Genuine for about 100nz.... gertting a few bits through them lately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom