12V pumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at all sorts of pumps that are 12v. There are some really nice ones, but I'm really looking for the most out of my money (since I don't really have extra! :))

This is one I found referenced here. I may get this one for the shower.
Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I'm also wondering about windshield washer pumps? How many GPM are they? 3/4 or 1 maybe? Anyone use one of these for potable water?

My plan is to have a tank mounted under the chassis with the pump in the side panel in the back of my wagon and a spout and switch.

What other 12v pumps have you guys used?

I used a washer pump in our pop up camper when the hand pump died. The washer pump duty cycle is only rated at something like 15 seconds every minute - but it hasn't burned out yet!! I used a short section of copper tubing and wrapped the pump motor with it, the water that the pump draws from the tank circulates through the tube around the motor, to help cool it if it were to get hot from extended running. We don't use the water to drink, only for washing dishes.

I doubt that a washer pump has a rating any where near 1 GPM, Pour a gallon of washer fluid into your reservoir, and see if you can pump it out in a minute... I think more like .25GPM... Maybe you could put a few in parallel to up the flow... ?

I use a shurflo for my onboard shower. It is a low flow, about 1.2 gallons a minute, but has good pressure. I think it was around $65.00 bucks but what I really like about this type of pump is it is a on demand pump. When I have the shower head hooked into the quick connect and hit the pump switch inside the cruiser the pump shuts itself off when it senses back pressure. When I hit the on/off switch on the shower head the pump starts up until I stop the water flow at the shower head. You don't have to keep turning the power on and off all the time this way, just turn the water flow on and off until your done then turn off the power.

i use 12v johnson pumps for circulating water through my air to water intercooler. and havent had any troubles. also they are on as long as the engine is running. so check em out or lemme know i have more of them.

I am in the process of adding a 10 gallon tank where the spare tire went. Got the tank on eBay and making a custom mount for it.

You should be able to pick up an RV pump cheap. Something like a Sureflow is perfect. There's a few listed on ebay at the moment. That's a reasonable price with free shipping.

Intermittent pumps are ideal. Just one power switch to wire up. The shut off automatically when you close the water valve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom