12ht electrical genius (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
i live in Los Angeles, Ca. i am looking for an electrical genius on a 12ht. i change my engine from 2h to 12ht and got a hj60 harness from SOR. the only thing i have connected are the starter, alternator, and the shut off switch. i know these are the most essential and probably will be fine if i did nothing else but, i would like to connect starting in extremely cold whether, engine idle when the air condition is on, engine high idle when it is cold and probably more. there are a number of disconnected wires and connectors on the harness. i prefer finding someone in Los Angeles but willing to go a little further ....thanks:bang:

You should have bought a 61 harness then you would be plug and play now you are going to chase electrical gremlins even though the engines are similar there are more electrial connectors and relays than on the 2H , the engine shuts off different between the two , 2h uses glow plugs 61 uses glow screen,61 tach has turbo lights in it to tell you when the turbo is working and a red warning light.

Last edited:
i think this harness is from a 61 but, still have a lot of un connected wires.:bang:

You should have bought a 61 harness then you would be plug and play now you are going to chase electrical gremlins even though the engines are similar there are more electrial connectors and relays than on the 2H , the engine shuts off different between the two , 2h uses glow plugs 61 uses glow screen,61 tach has turbo lights in it to tell you when the turbo is working and a red warning light.

Most harnesses have unused connectors depending on what market and what options were installed,alot of my JDMs have unused plugs that are not in my Canadian models.
If you can find someone with a unmolested 61 use it for a comparison or go on a roadtrip up north to Canada and you can match up with my 61 or any of the others.
Try snapping some pics of the connectors and their location and I am sure we can help you solve where they go or if they are needed.

pictures of wires

finally got a change to snap some pictures. i tested all the wires in this one location of the harness i found that there is no power in the un connected wires except one, the power on this wire is pulsing almost like a signal light (first picture) and it is the same color as the wire of the unconnected sensor (2nd picture) pictured below, i think that this is the sensor for higher idle speed at the start. does anyone know why it would be pulsing. 3rd picture show the unconnected wires on this part of the harness.:bang:

Most harnesses have unused connectors depending on what market and what options were installed,alot of my JDMs have unused plugs that are not in my Canadian models.
If you can find someone with a unmolested 61 use it for a comparison or go on a roadtrip up north to Canada and you can match up with my 61 or any of the others.
Try snapping some pics of the connectors and their location and I am sure we can help you solve where they go or if they are needed.
colors.jpg
sensor.jpg
wires.jpg

more

i am also trying to connect the extreme cold weather start pictured below. i cannot figure out which of the wire to connect to this or how it works from the ignition switch. do i need to turn the ignition switch counter clockwise like heating up the glow plug on a 2h before starting. i was also told that if i cannot find wire i should just hook it up to a solenoid and a push button switch to heat up the element. has anyone done this?:bang:
cold start.jpg

Is that a 2H or a 12h cant make it out in the pics Im looking for signs of the turbo intakes and dont see them
Your last question ...12h has a glow screen which only activates when temp is 0 or below one key click before start position it will not illuminate on the dash unless temps are below freezing , I would not try to manually cycle a glow screen its not as robust as glow plugs.
You may want to look over a wiring schematic for a 12h before hooking up wires some of them pics have some scary wire thingies happening.
The second pic is coming from a sending unit not sure if its oil or temp I would say its a safe bet they are same as lomg as the wire colors match I will have to look at mine to run a trace on where it goes to, may take a few days the wife has taken possesion of the 61 and left me to drive the 62 :frown:.

Last edited:
it is a 12 volt
is your system 12volt or 24?

it is a 12ht

why is the live wire pulsing like a signal light. there are two sensors in that area the other is an oil pressure which i have connected. i do not have an oil temp gauge in the car and i would not mine putting one on. i was thinking that this sensor was to make the engine idle higher when the engine is cold.

if this is a sensor for oil temp i would not mine having one.

Is that a 2H or a 12h cant make it out in the pics Im looking for signs of the turbo intakes and dont see them
Your last question ...12h has a glow screen which only activates when temp is 0 or below one key click before start position it will not illuminate on the dash unless temps are below freezing , I would not try to manually cycle a glow screen its not as robust as glow plugs.
You may want to look over a wiring schematic for a 12h before hooking up wires some of them pics have some scary wire thingies happening.
The second pic is coming from a sending unit not sure if its oil or temp I would say its a safe bet they are same as lomg as the wire colors match I will have to look at mine to run a trace on where it goes to, may take a few days the wife has taken possesion of the 61 and left me to drive the 62 :frown:.

when I said temp sensor I was refering to water temp
I am still new and learning with my own 12ht so I am not up to speed with all the workings of the 12ht yet as I am with the 2B and 3B motors.
You could try contacting John at RADD Cruisers he is a vendor here on this site he is very knowledgable with these.

Are you sure you have a 12ht I just looked at mine and in pic 3 that side of the engine is the injector body which covers the entire side of the motor and I dont see any of those sensors your venturi is the same as a 12ht I am thinking you have a 2H frankeinbuilt.
Can you show some more pics pan back a little more

it is a 12ht here it is on utube YouTube - Nulla's 12ht i will take that picture soon as i can. we are currently on a road trip.:cheers:

Are you sure you have a 12ht I just looked at mine and in pic 3 that side of the engine is the injector body which covers the entire side of the motor and I dont see any of those sensors your venturi is the same as a 12ht I am thinking you have a 2H frankeinbuilt.
Can you show some more pics pan back a little more

as far as the glow screen goes,wire up a wilson or momentary switch,mines been like that for 2yrs,no trouble,its great i can even glow it after it starts on cold mornings if its still running rough.

I just had a look at my truck,the wires off that sensor on the block go to a large loom but im pretty sure they are the cold idle up doo daa's,when the 12ht's are cold they have a idle up solenoid the same as the air con idle up,mine used to work when it was cold as it would idle fast for the first 10 minutes or less.

Last edited:
thanks, i am an idiot when it comes to electrical what is a wilson switch? is that a push button switch, where should it be connected to the glow screen, a picture on the connection to the glow screen would be great. thank you:cheers:

as far as the glow screen goes,wire up a wilson or momentary switch,mines been like that for 2yrs,no trouble,its great i can even glow it after it starts on cold mornings if its still running rough.

I just had a look at my truck,the wires off that sensor on the block go to a large loom but im pretty sure they are the cold idle up doo daa's,when the 12ht's are cold they have a idle up solenoid the same as the air con idle up,mine used to work when it was cold as it would idle fast for the first 10 minutes or less.

I followed some instructions off mud,if i remember i bypassed the glow control box somehow,i didn't touch the wiring in the engine bay.You probably haven't got that wiring in nulla,i think you'll have to start more or less from scratch,there is quite a few threads on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom