12HT Coaster engine: 12V or 24V? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I have been offered a 12HT that was sourced from a Coaster bus (overhaul was posted on here a while back in multiple posts). What I can't figure out is if this was a 12 or 24V engine. I currently have a 1983 HJ47 with 2H. If the 12HT is 24V what would that mean in terms of modifications needed? Thanks

Alternator, glow system, starter, Edic, starter

Check starter and alternator tags. It should say 12v or 24v

Hi all, I have been offered a 12HT that was sourced from a Coaster bus (overhaul was posted on here a while back in multiple posts). What I can't figure out is if this was a 12 or 24V engine. I currently have a 1983 HJ47 with 2H. If the 12HT is 24V what would that mean in terms of modifications needed? Thanks
Doesn't matter. If you want 12V just run proper electrical components. The starters and Alternator should swap over from the 2H to the 12HT.
The transmission input shafts are the same. Engine mounts as well. Might have issue with t case bracket requiring modification.
The glow system is a screen on the 12HT, so make sure you get the solenoid and relays. Find vacuum system diagrams, VSV is probably
different and will need some work. Anything elec you can't source, if looking for 24V try Cruiserworld.eu. If looking for 12V look to the land of Oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom