.120 tube? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
long shot i know, does anyone have 1.5 .120 tube extra you dont need, bought for a project that didnt happen whatever, i am paying, not looking for freebes

I don't. However, you might want to check out Tube Service. If you don't need a full stick (usually about 20') then try American Metals, they usually have remnants.

I don't. However, you might want to check out Tube Service.

They sometimes quote OK prices, often high $$, Industrial sometimes is better.

If you don't need a full stick (usually about 20') then try American Metals, they usually have remnants.

IMHO, they are always high, but very close for me. For remnants, Industrial is good. All of the above charge cut fees. One of my favorites is AZ Metals, not the cheapest, but often no cut fee, so if you need small pieces, cut to size, they often win.

For remnants I found on line to be the cheapest with excellent quality when last looked. Now days add in gas travel cost (.30/mile) and online even looks better. For me the nearest steel vendor is ~20 miles away, $12 just to get there.

thanks guys, luckily i have two good steel shops near me, and one of them is under new ownership and he seems more into it and has lowered prices.

Advanced will have better prices on tube than SW. SW usually has better prices on square and plate though.

They sometimes quote OK prices, often high $$, Industrial sometimes is better.

Do you have an account there? I think that makes all the difference. If a price seems too high, I contact my sales rep and let him know it's cheaper else where. However, pricing for accounts vs. pricing for retail/walk ins seems quite different.

Like wise with their service. I either shoot my sales rep an email or call in my order and it's usually ready when I pull up.

IMHO, they are always high, but very close for me. For remnants, Industrial is good. All of the above charge cut fees. One of my favorites is AZ Metals, not the cheapest, but often no cut fee, so if you need small pieces, cut to size, they often win.

Once again, I've found that having had an account for a while at America Metals/[STRIKE]Mesa Metals[/STRIKE]... their pricing is pretty competitive on most things. I don't usually need them to cut anything for me, so I can't comment on their cut fees.

***Quote fail***

Try Davis salvage on washington, before moving to portland I have been buying steel from them for 15+ yrs. They always have remnants, and generally they best prices on pretty much all kinds of steel; they also have a HUGE selection of metal given the massive size of their yard. Advanced metal sales isn't bad either, (basically I-17 & deer valley), they do have a lot of misc parts such as hinges, joints, brackets, threaded eye ends etc. Glendale steel used to be alright pricewise but I haven't been there in years. And if you are near interstate steel on hatcher, go elsewhere, they are small and overcharge by quite a bit.

Additionally about Davis salvage, even though they have a sign on prices per cut, I have never, ever been charged for having steel cut.

Lastly only go to tube service if you need DOM tubing otherwise, there is really no need to go there.

interstate is under new ownership, prices are better but he doesnt deal in the volume that some of the other places do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom