100 vs LR3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Isn't customization what the Scion is all about? And isn't that through the Toyota dealer? That would be a killer option - to get whatever you wanted - and since Cruisers are still made (I think?) in Japan, it wouldn't cost any more in shipping/importation fees than current models do. I think somebody should pursue a Toyota dealership on that. But alas, the 100 has been out for eight model years, and when they "update" the model who knows what's gonna happen? What's a 130 series look like? An LR3 (to bring back on topic ;) ? Or would the next generation be the 140 series?

Regarda the extra $12000, MARKETING IN AUSTRALIA ONLY, the last time I looked (2003) they were $2500 AUD cheaper than the V8 in the UK and the exact same price in Italy, The BS prices they rip the australian market off for is unreal, only because Nissan can't get their act together and make some real competition in the diesel market, hopefully they will soon and OZ prices may come down. Regards the time to make the difference up, I worked out 150,000 kms (back at the start of 2003, fuel has gone up a bit since then so the number would be lower).......to come even, a lot to consider up front, but after 2 months debating the pros and cons I went for it. PITA that the upfront cost is any different considering the UK prices!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Right on.

Another thing to consider is that the extra $12k is a fixed cost, whereas the cost of fuel will vary. So if fuel continues to sky rocket (as it seems it will) you will realise bigger savings sooner. As well you can run a diesel engine on a greater variety of fuels, Jet A, Kerosene, Canola Oil, or grow your own if need be.

Yes it is a fixed cost, but it is still a RIP-OFF when other parts of the world get it same price or cheaper!!!!!!!!! It is cream (lots of it) on the cake for Toyota in Australia.

I think that one of the main reasons Toyota dont sell the diesel in the US is probably because of the competition in the market from Ford, GM and Dodge with those cummins and big V8 diesels in pickups and SUVs that sell for 30K or less. They are not available in most other markets where LC is king. Here in OZ the biggest 4 door pickup that Toyota sell is the Hi Lux and Nissan and GM and Mitsubishi sell the same size truck with cloth or vinyl seats and Drum brakes on the back. If you want a big wagon here it is either a LC or a Patrol. top of the line LR3 are OVER AU$100,000. You can get F250 and 350 but they are $85,000 and they dont fit in many parking spots or garages because the are to big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom