100 Series Rear Hatch Differences LC and LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to see if there are differences between a Landcruiser and LX470 Rear Hatch? I am thinking tail lights but wanted to ask the smart people here first. If there is a topic that already covers it I could not find it so a link is appreciated.

Edit to add year - 2004 if that matters.

TIA

By rear hatch, I assume that you’re talking about the upper portion. The only lights I remember being attached to the rear hatch are the license plate lights, which appear to be the same. The only difference that stands out to me, is the chrome garnish on the LX, where the “Land Cruiser” badge is on the LC

By rear hatch, I assume that you’re talking about the upper portion. The only lights I remember being attached to the rear hatch are the license plate lights, which appear to be the same. The only difference that stands out to me, is the chrome garnish on the LX, where the “Land Cruiser” badge is on the LC
From what I heard, the shape of the tailights is different between the LC and LX. Not sure if that is true though

From what I heard, the shape of the tailights is different between the LC and LX. Not sure if that is true though

If so, I don't see it:

1578953864182.png

1578953887041.png

glass may be a different color
some LX hatches have no spoiler/wing so no attachment points

The slope on the LX light appears to be steeper.

It's probably an optical illusion, from me holding my phone, at slightly different angles, when I took the pictures.

As far at the upper hatch goes, a paper template of the hatch edge around a LC tail light, appears to match the hatch edge around a LX tail light.

I'll leave the actual swapping of LX/LC tail lights or upper hatches, to verify that they physically fit, to someone else. Electrically, the later model LX the tail lights are different, because the LX reverse lights having been relocated next to the license plate

Last edited:
The lights are slightly different, but only at the bottom. The upper tailgate is the same. The bottom is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom