100 series owner considering GX...thoughts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 99 100 series w/278K miles. I love it and am considering getting a used/certified GX to replace my company car when the time comes up. Thoughts on the GX? I love the 3 row seats and space in the 100 series, just looking for something comfortable with the utility of my LC while newer and more reliable than my 22 year old 100 series. I had a used 2004 GX470 back in the day. That was a solid truck, just had to replace the rear bags at 122K miles. I got it with 104K. Got rid of it as gas prices spiked to $4/gal and the wife didn't like it. She now has a little UX250h and loves it. Family economic has also changed a lot in the last 10 years.

No plans for off-roading. Maybe later, but I can take any urge out on my LC.

I like the look of the 10-13 better, but it seems you can get a nice rig, maybe certified for $30-35K. I DO like the rear captains chairs. Luxury is nice, but not sure I need it. MPG seems to be a combined...17-18?

Thoughts?

There is another fellow doing the same moving from a 100 series to GX in the past couple of days. Here is a link to his thread regarding some of your questions:
If you go to my post (number 5) you'll see my comments of when my wife and I both had our own 100 series, sold them and moved to the GX.
Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!! :cheers:

I saw that...but the difference is i'm not going to get rid of my 100 series. I would also keep my GX stock.

Reactions: r2m
TimTX - I've enjoyed the transition from a full-build (and turbo) 2002 100 series to the GX. Little GX features like push-button start, and fold in mirror button seems like big advances. Having climate fan speed on a screens seems familiar. From the driver's seat, the two trucks feel similar to me. When packing the GX, it feels 15% smaller... I do like the swing out rear door (now has a fold down coffee table) and have replaced the third row with a DIY cargo deck...

With OE spec all-season tires, I saw 20+ mpg with the GX. Once I upgraded tires and suspension mpg have dropped...

Sounds like a good plan if you can own both...

1616186051385.png

Is mo bettah, no need hesitation.

I saw that...but the difference is i'm not going to get rid of my 100 series. I would also keep my GX stock.
You'll stop driving the 100... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom