10/‘74 wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody.! I’m a newbie ‘40 owner, and I’ll admit that I’m not a “wrencher” by any means, but I’m wanting to learn. Is there anyone in the Bham area that good with ‘40 wiring.? I have no blinkers/hazards, and no wipers. There’s some other minor issues as well. I picked up a vintage harness that I’m pretty sure is complete for “donor” wiring. Does anyone have any recs for a shop locally that could solve my wiring issues.??
Thanks.!

491D4575-4110-4A23-AB93-1B50A4BD46FB.png

Wiring is not my thing but you have a nice looking 40

Thanks BamaHeel...I’ve always said that she looks better the further away you get.! Trust me, she’s got some warts...this was just after a bath. The PO had painted her prior to selling.

I’d LOVE to have my wipers and blinkers working. Who is lee majors.? Only one I know was the bionic man 😂. I’d love any help I can get. Thx.!

It is the name of a 40 that one of the MS guys owns - it is nice.

Lee was built by Chris Tolleson, he owns 49 tire in Jackson MS. Dont recall the year, but he started life like most and when he sold was sitting on 37s and was built for adventure. I think his issues ended up being bad grounds and @dbbowen got it sorted in a few hours.

And for some reason i rhoight he had moved to rhe Birmingham area, but I think he may still be in Memphis.

Lee was built by Chris Tolleson, he owns 49 tire in Jackson MS. Dont recall the year, but he started life like most and when he sold was sitting on 37s and was built for adventure. I think his issues ended up being bad grounds and @dbbowen got it sorted in a few hours.

And for some reason i rhoight he had moved to rhe Birmingham area, but I think he may still be in Memphis.

I’ve done a little research on here, I think there’s a couple shops around me that can fix my “wiring woes”. It’d be nice to have a rig that multiple people in multiple states know.!

I’ve done a little research on here, I think there’s a couple shops around me that can fix my “wiring woes”. It’d be nice to have a rig that multiple people in multiple states know.!
I think between myself and @DPV7070 we could probably help get some of the wiring issues figured out. We usually do a club Wrench Day every other month or so. We need to get one scheduled, but it probably won't be until end of Oct or early Nov since a bunch of us are leaving next week to go to Southern Cruiser Crawl in AR.

Btw - @SouthernMan40 what part of town are you in?

I think between myself and @DPV7070 we could probably help get some of the wiring issues figured out. We usually do a club Wrench Day every other month or so. We need to get one scheduled, but it probably won't be until end of Oct or early Nov since a bunch of us are leaving next week to go to Southern Cruiser Crawl in AR.

Btw - @SouthernMan40 what part of town are you in?

I’m off of Montevallo Rd in Crestline Gardens...between Mtn Brook and Irondale

Hey! I did just fix my blinkers. Mine turned out to be one bad ground and the flasher relay. I’m in Memphis. Lee Majors was a trail truck and kind of seemed to never need signals, but since I got it they needed them. Have you checked the grounds and flasher? Even if it clicks. It still can be bad. That’s how mint was

Hey! I did just fix my blinkers. Mine turned out to be one bad ground and the flasher relay. I’m in Memphis. Lee Majors was a trail truck and kind of seemed to never need signals, but since I got it they needed them. Have you checked the grounds and flasher? Even if it clicks. It still can be bad. That’s how mint was

Think my rig, Larry, has had a steering wheel swap...I’ve got a bunch of dangling wires coming out of it, but I cannot find the other wires to “meet” with them. I’m not a wrencher, never owned a 40 before either. I’ve got no wipers either...but I think the harness “plug” that plugs into the motor is wonky. I’m not asking anyone to really do it for me, I just need direction/guidance/mentoring. Hell...I’m still trying to figure out what motor I’ve got. It’s a 10/‘74...it should have the 1.5F...and I’ve researched on here until I’m dizzy, and just can’t find an answer. Anyone willing to help me will be compensated. I don’t spend a lot of time on it...as I don’t have a garage, and it’s been HOT in Bama for months. I’ve got a bunch of parts just taking up space in my house...not exactly pleasing the gf. A 40 enthusiast could fix me up in a few hours I bet. They are simple machines, I’m just a frustrated noob.

Think my rig, Larry, has had a steering wheel swap...I’ve got a bunch of dangling wires coming out of it, but I cannot find the other wires to “meet” with them. I’m not a wrencher, never owned a 40 before either. I’ve got no wipers either...but I think the harness “plug” that plugs into the motor is wonky. I’m not asking anyone to really do it for me, I just need direction/guidance/mentoring. Hell...I’m still trying to figure out what motor I’ve got. It’s a 10/‘74...it should have the 1.5F...and I’ve researched on here until I’m dizzy, and just can’t find an answer. Anyone willing to help me will be compensated. I don’t spend a lot of time on it...as I don’t have a garage, and it’s been HOT in Bama for months. I’ve got a bunch of parts just taking up space in my house...not exactly pleasing the gf. A 40 enthusiast could fix me up in a few hours I bet. They are simple machines, I’m just a frustrated noob.

Paging @nvrlose54 he is in AL and does super great work

@SouthernMan40 Welcome to the club! I’m About 2 hours west of Birmingham near the MS line. I could help you sort through some of your wiring problems, however it would have to be the first of November before I could help you out on it. Southern Swine Soriee will be here in 2 weeks and I’m still prepping! Sweet looking 40!

Josh Balch at Elite Offroad & Performance is a WIZARD at wiring! He was able to clean my wiring up in the buggy and make it look like it came that way!
Give them a call and tell'em Eric sent you! That way they'll charge you more! Jokes! See what they say... tell'em you KNOW they are good and can do it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom