1" leveling kit raised truck 2" ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a 1" Daystar leveling spacer installed on the top of my struts this weekend. Took measurements before and after and the truck actually raised 2"... I'm actually not happy with getting more than I expected, I think it looks slightly too high now relative to the rear (kinda picky...)

Question is, how could a 1" spacer possibly raise the truck any more than that??? Anyone else experience this?

Did you drive it after installing the spacers (before remeasuring it)? If you didn't try driving it around the block and then remeasure it.

Question is, how could a 1" spacer possibly raise the truck any more than that??? Anyone else experience this?

You are compressing your spring, thus increasing the rate, plus the spacer is located inside the tire, the tire is at the end of a lever (control arms), if you raise the lever at point A the spring, point B the tire will rise relative to the angle and length of the lever.

drive it around a bit, might settle. If it doesn't and you keep it in, get a dif drop or you will split your CV boots and spit grease and burn up your axles and your wife will leave you.

OP,

If the height of the spacer you installed is 1", than I believe your lift should be 2". If it were 1/2" than the lift would be 1".

I couldn't find a good resource for you but here is one:

Coil spring spacers for height adjustment

Not your brand but it might help explain. I'm sure others will chime in.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom