1/4"-20tpi steel "T" style rivnut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

spressomon

glutton
SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone have a couple I could borrow tomorrow?

I let the counter guy at R&E talk me into aluminum rivnuts...:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Dan

I have some in my tool box at work... but they might be aluminum??? pretty sure they are, but i'll check for sure.

Yoouuu putn in an aux tank???
If you havent found them Im sure Mcmaster has them.

ken

I went back to R&E today and they had the steel nutserts (I was just trying to get this project buttoned up yesterday). And I ended up getting 5/16"-18 (I originally didn't realize you could set/install this size by hand...but you can!).

No...the aux tank is done with the exception of all the electronics :rolleyes:...one more hurdle on that project...and it will surely be a PITA.

The KK comes with small batteries and I wanted Group 31's...so I built a new battery tray and clamp system...needed the nutserts for the hold down clamp.

Did you get your wiring done yet?

Batteries are in the KK and wired. Next will be the aux tank...waiting for another couple connectors from Japan...hopefully here later this week.

I have the drawers and trim pieces out of the LC. I found where all the dust has been getting into the rear of my LC: Looks like when I had the trailer wiring and/or the Prodigy installed and wired they pulled the rear lower fender body caps...ran the wire through the holes (one on each fender)...and left it open :mad:. You can imagine how much dust gets sucked into the rig with a couple of exposed 2" holes!

But glad I found the cause! Now maybe I won't have to carry around so much Kleenex :D

Batteries are in the KK and wired. Next will be the aux tank...waiting for another couple connectors from Japan...hopefully here later this week.

I have the drawers and trim pieces out of the LC. I found where all the dust has been getting into the rear of my LC: Looks like when I had the trailer wiring and/or the Prodigy installed and wired they pulled the rear lower fender body caps...ran the wire through the holes (one on each fender)...and left it open :mad:. You can imagine how much dust gets sucked into the rig with a couple of exposed 2" holes!

But glad I found the cause! Now maybe I won't have to carry around so much Kleenex :D
I ran my HAM radio wires through the same place, I cut a slit and RTV'd it closed though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom