1/2" Impact Wrench Recomendation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone have any feed back on the Aircar Nitrocat 1355 xl? The 3/8 model. Looking at picking one up this afternoon.

I have a old CP that has not been used in over a decade. Its a old tire gun that can be used for other work. About a 1.5 years ago, upgraded to a used Snapon CT4850Ho Battery operated impact. Very nice not to have to worry about a air line no matter where I am!

I'm not an air ratchet fan, so have never tried one with the Puma. For impacts, have run the 3/8" IR's with success, the 212, 2112 and 2115 all work well. The 212 uses less air, so has a slightly longer run time. The 2112 and 2115 use more air and are more powerful, they can remove all 6 properly torqued lug nuts on my rig before having to wait for the compressor to cycle.

bring back an old thred
I was reading a thread on impact wrenches on the web & I saw your posts & you seem to have an extensive knowledge on air tools,
so here is my story I bought a used mac aw3800 ( aka ir2112) took it apart cleaned it greased it (with moly grease just as you recommended in your post.

Tried today has tons of kick in reverse but in forward: the motor barely turns & the air leaks from the forward reverse buttons.

Any advice ?

In most cases, this is from the buttons being incorrectly installed, the valve not timed correctly. Did you have them out?

I did take every single part apart
Is there a trick for clocking when i am installing the 1st button? Cause I don't know how far to go?

Sent from my iPad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom