09 LX570 Invision SL headrest DVD Troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just bought a 2009 LX570 with Invision SL DVD headrests.
neither had response to power button, engine on.
checked underhood fuse 43(Label RES), intact.
What next?

unscrewed passenger one, assume the 2 multiconductor wires all meetup at a control box that is wired to communal ACC power and ground. From finding Nissan install instructions online, likely box and connections are under center console, and it is spliced into unknown power circuit, perhaps with own blown fuse.

Any experiences ?
common places installers tap into I can look for before console exploratory surgery?
common fused circuit added somewhere ?
Something i'm missing?

Thanks!

Reviving an oldie here but I have the same issue and thought I'd post my troubleshooting here for prosperity's sake. My son was watching Aladdin in the back when the screen just went blank and wouldn't turn back on or respond to any buttons pressed. The passenger side was also dead. I have three kids under 4 so having functioning screens is important to me.

There is a fuse underhood for Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE), but it was intact. I pulled the seat back off the driver's seat and followed the wires. This lead me to remove the seat and discover the control box stashed under the carpet. From the box, I there are six connectors. The two incoming from the driver headrest, the two coming from the passenger headrest, and FM radio antenna, and the power. A quick scan of the incoming power showed around 12.2 volts, so this leads me to believe the control box may be bad.

I snapped the below pic of the box which shows the model number SCBX-3010-G7GM. Searching this lead me to the below linked install and user manuals.
Install Manual
User Manual
And it also lead me to a thread on a Chevy Tahoe forum where someone states that the unit is interchangeable between SCBX-3010U, SCBX-3010A, and SCBX-3010-G7GM. Model SCBX-3010-M may also work. These all appear to be made by a Taiwanese company, Soaring Technology.
Tahoe thread
I've thought about breaking it open to see if there is anything glaring but that may exceed my shade tree electrical skills. Shopping around, I've found the 3010-G7GM used for about $100 on ebay. The other models, if they can be found, cost 50-100% more.

Right now, I'm waiting on Invision, aka Voxx Automotive, to return my call to see if they have any parts for purchase and what models may be interchangeable. If they don't return my call or answer the phone by Friday, I'll likely order one of the ebay models and take my chances.

1607970591796.png

Invision Control Box.jpg

That’s generally how my aftermarket Rse was setup as well. Buy a new brain and off you go, or you can replace the brain and headrests with a new brand. It’s not hard once you have the secret to get the back panels off the seats.

That’s generally how my aftermarket Rse was setup as well. Buy a new brain and off you go, or you can replace the brain and headrests with a new brand. It’s not hard once you have the secret to get the back panels off the seats.
The install manual linked above does a decent job and include pictures for removing the seat back panels.

New systems look to be around $800 not installed. I'm going to keep trying to get in touch with Invision and if that fails, order a replacement brain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom