'08 470 w/ 128K, price check... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Considering letting my '08 go (some more details in my signature) and seeking suggestions for a list price. Sold my cabin last year, foreseeable future has me spending less time camping/hunting, oldest kid driving later this year and will need a car so....times change and this is probably going to go.

Bought it as a mall cruiser ~5.5 years ago w/ 96K miles on it (current 128K). Overall great shape (incl. a partial Blizzard Pearl re-paint via Lexus last year at the tail end of that warranty). Other items not listed in my sig:

• dealer performed timing belt/WP before I bought it - next one isn't due for quite a while
  • incognito winch mount + HF Bad Lands 12K winch (saved my rear when stuck in the mud, solo, remote....August, 2022)
  • radiator replaced - small crack/leaking - normal for these rigs, replaced it myself in my garage and was shocked at how quickly that got done - zero problems since (4 years ago)
  • GXOR rear shelf storage (love that thing)
  • brake rotor/pad upgrades all four corners
  • Interior - all around very good
    • NON-Nav - classic analog button experience here (I routinely joke that "I'm an Analog Guy stuck in a Digital World" and intentionally sought out a lower mileage NON-Nav GX when I bought this)
    • Seats - 8/10 - DS normal wear, nothing significant; PS pretty darn good; 2nd Row Bench really good; still have the OEM 3rd row seats, perfect condition
    • Armrests show wear
    • Dash - zero problems
    • Wood Grain - all fine except for piece that goes around the gear lever - that one cracked due to heat (at least that's my guess because everything else is 100%)
Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
As it sits today - getting ready to get rid of the plastidip on the wheels - it's been peeling too much and not worth a re-spray.

7oW_zLMO-5T-qcIzZ4XhqwAsO_UbN2HNPvMJQ7KnrwgzgA4qOjb316T6mlWJ2itEJeSEXo7i5PQkJdY87MEE14CIdnYf_u6b36eGNAP2n7VM8D3nJHRqO3jjRGnFgIh9NYmhXbnZelYkcjGYkNwAAtI7lO4I3JOEShqrNd3PfAeDGcLJ9lF3rDazIPpMbvKENjojH_p15n5x6GyshUAqwUH2CvDKUv_onjj5UktTfAYseW545LG6YQ5kw3CpcEFIw-xg9xA69x786K1Fv7hUbCLoDgERhnXosqTTvz8ujJZDWmoW83L6cLbo-X_4PfNlVRUh7lpXRqiO9KWGhrjfDpQFFZQ4uvtyROU1B-Q6C-cUJsWyR9sQxqOT0ttrZJkMRmCApDr-X-FyZyl5rGSTz1JIDds2zTBZ-lYUgcGp4JmWN1nWRqLnqD9mRvQrOV48P3Xy4_b7SXT2LdeEIRCJ9JunZfOF-Gca8WWoCv8xLauRGZXB9LUzNgkuPT9xKTKpYtlS78vACnj7odB6aB2k_LeUYlY6GBFF6ebBy_pCPuFMpjcvAXfylWgTc1LXlTJA5KDYB82sal4LmNDOyvfdSc-GEwdPnWyczXiLsvWj_rUCz32HXW5hB-0SPAwtmfbkGYycwPU4xmRArNWAUQgighYwLDKRDt8xsPaLjIOGLec47bFdhl0Kcuh1gVvy0wgtAI9GAGcUEWFN5Os7g7pcjnLpENtN0v8UugZPOHidIXR7luPdYWW08lrxnxxZvySOB1jnUKYTW7_UKyPvd-kanj0mecFHRZ-CQy2mk9rOB4uigMMrj7Z7Slh1trlrUsRLYROoNBaLrLoLV8-5lGLb4nqgHzbiij9nQmqmzQh_qUUTatEpPhYBaZVYd2a_XNK6t-spGpEBNKobAPQoF04aHS112FSHWSmooGz0BU1pMbOztw=w1259-h944-no

Having been in the market for a while, and finally bought one this week for about $13.000 in Georgia. Here's my take at first glance:

Pros:
Mileage is way under average
Looks very clean (no rust)
Desirable color (it's not beige/gold)
Timing belt and water pump done recently enough
Mods look to be functional and tasteful (aka they don't scream 'I abused this vehicle violently and repeatedly for social media clout')

Cons:
No word on nav or non-nav
No word on interior condition (apart 3rd row that nobody uses except for sourcing leather to fix 1st or 2nd row seats)
No word on short to mid-term repairs or things to fix

As it stands, as a potential buyer with no more info, I would expect this GX to sell for around $19,000 (If no nav, no short-term repair needed and good interior condition).

Here's a very clean stock 73,000 miles silver 2008 GX470 on Cars and Bids that sold last week for $23,5k.
Here's a bone stock 104,000 miles white 2004 Sequoia on Cars and Bids (a model I was cross-shopping) that sold for close to $19k.

Hope this helps!

I concur with a $17-22K evaluation. You might get more selling it on a nationwide online site (BAT, Cars and Bids, maybe even Autotrader) rather than just listing it on the local Craigslist/FB Marketplace, etc. I'd probably give the headlights a quick polish before listing it, which should go a long way in making it look fresh.

Another way to look at it would be to take half the KBB price and then add half of the price for the mods you made to the vehicle. Regular maintenance/repairs really won't affect the price any, but will help a potential buyer feel comfortable if you have receipts.

@Article241 and @Rednexus - much appreciated guys. First spot above updated with a few interior details but this is largely just to gauge a general feel for what I should think about listing for. First round on me in that virtual realm where I could say "thank you" in person. :beer:

It'd definitely get a good detail clean before listing, headlights included :).

No word on interior condition (apart 3rd row that nobody uses except for sourcing leather to fix 1st or 2nd row seats)

Hope this helps!

I never even thought about using the PERFECT 3rd row seats to bring the DS back to pristine condition! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom