07 Sequoia Exhaust Resonator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What exactly does the resonator do and is it essential ?
Id like to get a little V8 growl out of mine with a Flowmaster or a Magnaflow. Just wondering if the resonator needs to stay or not. Has anyone modified their exhaust system with positive results?

It’s there to eliminate drone. Many people have removed their muffler or resonator for some more noise. Totally subjective if it’s livable or not.
I did a complete exhaust on my old ‘00 Tundra. JBA headers, Magnaflow cats, JBA Y pipe, 2 1/2” Vibrant resonator and Magnaflow muffler (the largest one they made) and a second factory tip added to the left side. It is nearly as quiet as stock but much smoother. It’s exactly what I wanted, all of the benefits of a performance exhaust without all the racket.

What exactly does the resonator do and is it essential ?
Id like to get a little V8 growl out of mine with a Flowmaster or a Magnaflow. Just wondering if the resonator needs to stay or not. Has anyone modified their exhaust system with positive results?
Drill a 2" hole in the bottom of your air box and 90 a 2" pipe up behind the light. This will give you the growl you want ;)

I have an 07.

I had a muffler shop instal an 18” magnaflow for $125, but left the resonator. It’s very mellow. Essentially stock sounding until you put your foot in it, then it’s only a low growl.

Then I used a 3” hole saw to cut a hole in the front of the air box, ran one of the spectre ducts from the air box to just behind the headlight, installed the K&N 3034 filter (had to modify the intake duct inside the air box), then took the charcoal screen out.

The air-box mod with the muffler makes for a very nice sound. Quiet while cruising. Throaty with a little rumble when you get on it. No drone. Not obnoxious. Family safe.

I’m still toying with the idea of getting rid of the resonator, but also worried about how loud it may be for the family while towing.

I have an 07.

I had a muffler shop instal an 18” magnaflow for $125, but left the resonator. It’s very mellow. Essentially stock sounding until you put your foot in it, then it’s only a low growl.

Then I used a 3” hole saw to cut a hole in the front of the air box, ran one of the spectre ducts from the air box to just behind the headlight, installed the K&N 3034 filter (had to modify the intake duct inside the air box), then took the charcoal screen out.

The air-box mod with the muffler makes for a very nice sound. Quiet while cruising. Throaty with a little rumble when you get on it. No drone. Not obnoxious. Family safe.

I’m still toying with the idea of getting rid of the resonator, but also worried about how loud it may be for the family while towing.
Drill a 2" hole in the bottom of your air box and 90 a 2" pipe up behind the light. This will give you the growl you want ;)
Can you guys go more in depth into this mod? Looking to get a more throaty sound from my Sequoia.

Can you guys go more in depth into this mod? Looking to get a more throaty sound from my Sequoia.
Here's mine, just don't drive through any bodies of water. I never bothered piping out. Gives a nice groul when you get on it

20201130_170217.jpg

Took resonator out on both my 2001 and 2007, had shop re-route exhaust out the side, which reduced the exhaust intake while having the rear window open. You have to play around a bit with the amount of rear window ventilation which doesn't allow for infiltration eddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom