07+ Crewmax vs Double Cab Frame Differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know the difference between the 07+ Crewmax and Double Cab frames? I have 2016 and would like to swap out my tube steps for sliders. Unfortunately all of my fab equipment and shop is 3500 miles away. So I'm kinda stuck buying a commercially made set. Some say they fit both the CM and DC, but others are DC only. The Ironman ones are a lot less expensive than basically anything else on the market. And for my mild offroading I'll do in the tundra they should be good enough. But they are DC only. Is the frame actually different between the two? And if anyone knows - how different are they?

Ironman said it would require a lot of frame drilling to make them work on the CM. But I guess I'm trying to see if anyone can confirm that. If it's just one or two holes on each side in an area I can access easily, not a big deal. If it's 15 holes in the frame and nothing matches up, then it's a deal breaker. What I'm not sure about is how most other brands fit either/or if it's really all that different.

Anyone know the difference between them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom