'06 LX470 P0011 **Solved** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched the googles and mud forums and am not finding much. Deets: 2006 LX470, VVTI, 206k miles

I recently got a P0011 code and am not having any symptoms, runs perfectly. I did just change the oil less than a hundred miles ago. I changed the timing belt & water pump a few thousand miles ago and shortly after the truck shut off, turns out I missed tying the camshaft sensor up (driver's side) and the belt cut into it. Dealer changed it and its been running fine since...

The only thing I found remotely close was here: P0021 Code w/ Check Engine Light - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/p0021-code-w-check-engine-light.680304/
...but there was no final resolution. Hoping the brain trust here has some insight. THANKS!!

P0011.jpg

Following up here...

I got this CEL shortly after changing my oil. When I bought the oil, they didn't have the regular Mobile1 Synthetic I normally use so I reluctantly got the "High Mileage" version. After some research, I thought that the high mileage oil may have messed with the Variable Valve Timing solenoid so I changed the oil and filter again (less than 100 miles) and test drove it in the neighborhood last night.... still had the CEL :(
Made a service appointment at the Lexus dealer today and on the way, the CEL and VSC lights went out.

Not sure if the oil was the issue but certainly seems like it. I will NOT be using it again
20210802_160314.jpg

Probably a random event, i've been using that same oil for my previous 4 cruisers and my current cruiser without issues.

Following up here...

I got this CEL shortly after changing my oil. When I bought the oil, they didn't have the regular Mobile1 Synthetic I normally use so I reluctantly got the "High Mileage" version. After some research, I thought that the high mileage oil may have messed with the Variable Valve Timing solenoid so I changed the oil and filter again (less than 100 miles) and test drove it in the neighborhood last night.... still had the CEL :(
Made a service appointment at the Lexus dealer today and on the way, the CEL and VSC lights went out.

Not sure if the oil was the issue but certainly seems like it. I will NOT be using it again
View attachment 2748487
Any stored codes?

What happened here? I am getting a p0011 code.

I actually get these three:

p0011
p0335
p0430

Group consensus was a random event... I changed the oil and the CEL/P0011 cleared. I wish I had more to give you but that was it for me.

Best of luck; let us know what you find if it gets resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom