'06 GX470 Sport overland build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I purchased this ‘06 GX470 Sport back in November with 185k miles. All stock, pretty well maintained except for a neglected suspension. I started with a basic lift kit along with a suspension overhaul. New front upper and lower control arms, tie rod ends, ball joints, rear control arms, trailing arms, sway bar end links & bushings, CV shafts, bump stops & an adjustable panhard bar. Next was the front bumper & rock sliders. Then a vinyl wrap to keep the interior temps down for my dog. The wrap was supposed to be more white (it’s KPMF’s Gloss Chalk White) but I think I like the gray better anyway. In between all that I did a non-nav conversion, installed a Prado console, new OEM headlights and 08-09 tails, HID/LED bulb swap, blacked out trim/emblems, and did a bunch of other stuff inside and out to get her ready for some trips this summer. I still need to make a bed/storage platform, install my skid plates and lots of other odds and ends. It’ll likely be a never ending project like most of my builds.

762F00D5-E3A4-4898-8344-D96332095DF3.jpeg

5793FF63-48A7-45A0-B669-97E892F75416_1_201_a.jpeg

E72A9AD8-78DC-487D-82EF-83DB86DB4645.jpeg

EF77154B-BF65-40F1-93DB-EAE3103E458E.jpeg

IMG_3296.JPG

Looks great!
Congrats…

Edit…really liking that color! Much better and more unique that a simple white.

Last edited:
That’s a wrap on there?? Damn, that looks great! Awesome build.

Any more pictures of the prado console? That’s a mod I’m really interested in, but can’t find a ton of info on it.

Thanks guys! I can take a couple pictures of the Prado armrest today. You just have to remove the seat-mounted armrests to install it. There is some exposed bare metal from removing the armrests but the Prado console covers them up so I didn't bother making a cap like I originally planned. The Prado armrest is so much better, I'm very happy with it. It also adds a ton of storage which is always good in the GX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom