04 Land Cruiser Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I acquired a 04 land cruiser and both headlights were cracked from a cross country road trip. Any good places to get replacements? I saw eBay had single piece headlights for the 05’/06’...will those fit without any modifications? Thanks in advance.

There is a smaller vendor on here that sells the Depot Brand headlight assemblies... Can't remember his handle off the top of my head, maybe he will jump in or others will comment.

I think the '06-'07 lights are a different shape.

These rock auto parts (thanks @roemer7) will fit and are glass, so you won't have to buff them in a few years 'cause they're milky. Though they might crack. . .

TO2502180
TO2503180

That will be me, I carry the 98-05 Depo 1 piece headlamp and also the 98-05 Depo glass headlamp. PM me if you need a set.

That will be me, I carry the 98-05 Depo 1 piece headlamp and also the 98-05 Depo glass headlamp. PM me if you need a set.
Quick question Ian, are they the same design between the I piece Depo and the glass? Or are the glass similar to the stock housing 2-piece (separate side markers)?? Looked through most of your thread today so don't know if I missed it or missed it because I kept getting interrupted.

Quick question Ian, are they the same design between the I piece Depo and the glass? Or are the glass similar to the stock housing 2-piece (separate side markers)?? Looked through most of your thread today so don't know if I missed it or missed it because I kept getting interrupted.

1 piece Depo and the Depo glass lamp is different design, the glass lamp is similar to factory 2 piece headlamp and corner lamp design. So the Depo glass lamp is just the main headlamp without the corner lamp.

1 piece Depo and the Depo glass lamp is different design, the glass lamp is similar to factory 2 piece headlamp and corner lamp design. So the Depo glass lamp is just the main headlamp without the corner lamp.
Ok next question. Is the reflector inside the glass version like the stock 98-05 or is it like the 06-07?

Ok next question. Is the reflector inside the glass version like the stock 98-05 or is it like the 06-07?

There you go

A05A4B2B-9D09-4004-8C29-6DB3BFCB4A34.jpeg

Another option is to jump on car-part.com and find a used glass-lensed light from a place that ships. I got one for $70 (shipped) with broken mounting tabs. Going to pull the glass from it and put it on my non-broken housing. Although if I'd known how affordable @ranma21's lights are, I'd probably just have bought new and saved myself the trouble. . .

Ultimately when I do this I will purchase the 1-piece model as I like that look a bit better. When that happens I will also take the housing apart and do the HID retrofit to the new housing since everything will be out already. More than likely just hold on to the glass/original stuff for safe keeping.

But personally I like the aesthetic of the 1-piece (newer style) housing than the over/under style of the early years.

Unfortunately not.
the only aftermarket OEM-style LX headlights I've found are these from Russia on ebay.

Wanted to follow up on my above suggestion to buy used ....

Don’t do it!!!

for $90 (used headlight and shipping and a 3m butyl rubber windshield install kit from Advance Auto) and about four hours of labor (some of which was waiting for headlights to warm up in the oven so I could pry apart the devil-spawn adhesive Toyota used on 04s), I got a crack free but slightly sandblasted lens.

Will buy new next time.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom