‘04 GX470 - Suspension Question - Are my air bags bad? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here’s my ‘04 GX470. Bone stock with 90k orig miles. Just spent a fortune on timing belt, water pump and all the “while you’re in there’s”.

Suddenly, the ride is real harsh. Feeling every bump. Seems to be in the rear. But here’s the catch - the air suspension raises and lowers in the rear just fine. The front, however, does not move. No audible sounds of leaking or any other concerning noises while driving or parked.

Are my rear air bags bad or is it a regulator or something else? Perhaps a dumb question but are there air bags in the front, too?

Here are three parked pictures.

First pic - fully raised

Second pic - normal height

Third pic - fully lowered.

77A8EAA2-BB35-4642-9345-24895794FF0A.jpeg

CFAA645F-9AB6-4C81-959A-03CAF2D78E5B.jpeg

BC8722CE-CE2D-4EDA-BB06-DBF4A3AEE936.jpeg

Maybe you need to play with the shock settings. Move the dial to comfort and see if the shocks get smoother…or move it to sport to see if they get stiff

you can probably find an independent shop to replace the bags for less than half the price.

Pair of rear air bags from Lexus at partsouq.com are less than $400 shipped to your house.

I’m sure you can find a local Indy shop to replace for $300 labor.

48090-35011 Rear LH $150
48080-35011 Rear RH $150

Plus shipping from outside the county $78

I ordered lots of parts from them including my manifolds with integrated cats (both of them), tie rods (inner/outer), plus a lot of other parts. I try to bundle my orders to make the shipping be reasonable

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom