.030 and .035 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So Patrick finally came by so I could finish welding his TG sliders to his 60. A lot of you might remember the WC wrench day ’10 of us cutting the tubing and sizing it up to his rig. After that night and then getting around to do the final welding and primed and sprayed it with bed liner in a can they sat on my floor for a while, but our schedules finally matched up and here are the results.

I did run out of .035 welding wire and then had to use .030 wire (local stores were out of stock) and it just didn’t weld up as nice. I had the welder at full voltage to try to compensate but should I have turned it down instead? It had penetration but didn’t look anywhere near as nice as the larger wire and took longer.
IMGP5549.jpg
IMGP5550.jpg
IMGP5551.jpg

No problem on waiting for you to weld, everyone needs to learn sometime. Sorry I couldn’t make all the welds nice and pretty, I really think that wire size made a difference. Thanks Bill for that link, I did some searching in there and I think I found my answer.
Patrick, sorry to hear about your front end issue. I do have a set for an 80 that you can have if that will work on your 60. Also glad you liked the Siopao and I have more for you if you like.
Phil! Thanks, but don’t inspect too closely…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom