‘03-07 Binding Gas Pedal Fix **VIDEO** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our ‘03 drive-by-wire notchy feeling gas pedal. I’ll let my video do the talking. Hope this helps somebody.

—Mark

Last edited:
I don't think it's the nylon bushing for the sensor at the top, I would bet it's the plastic friction barrel which is the fulcrum of the peddle assembly. An easy way to confirm this is to remove the small screw that holds the plastic barrel stationary to the assembly. This has the negative effect of reducing spring pressure to the pedal, but the pedal will be smooth again.

Okay.

$254.95. I avoid workarounds if possible but they are certainly necessary at times. If north of $400, prob would have tried a fix first. Had to do some searching but found a great deal on mine. If anybody needs one, PM me. Couple left I think.

$254.95. I avoid workarounds if possible but they are certainly necessary at times. If north of $400, prob would have tried a fix first. Had to do some searching but found a great deal on mine. If anybody needs one, PM me. Couple left I think.
Cheaper than I paid so that's a nice deal you got. Mine was the same plastic piece, I've kept my old pedal in case someone eventually comes up with a fix. Unfortunately that little white slide isn't removable or replaceable.

Yah, I've got got mine bagged up to keep as well. May dig into it at some point.

shifthead, do u have a pic of the screw your talking about removing? I'd like to try the workaround before ordering a new part. thx

ignore, I just did the workaround and the pedal is buttery smooth now (when handling it by hand). it's a bolt/nut that keeps the plastic barrel from swiveling. will see how much of a difference when I take it out for a spin.

Last edited:
Where did you pick up the pedal assembly? I have this same issue and it bugs me every time I drive.

removing the bolt definitely lightens the pedal when driving but after one drive, I barely notice it any more. it's worth the 10 minutes it takes to do this to see if you like it or not.

removing the bolt definitely lightens the pedal when driving but after one drive, I barely notice it any more. it's worth the 10 minutes it takes to do this to see if you like it or not.
Can you remove this bolt with the pedal still installed?

I'm not sure if there's enough room to do that. if u feel around the area right above where the pivot point is on the passenger side, you should be able to feel the bolt (it's an 8mm). if not, it's just 2 bolts that remove the entire pedal assembly (don't forget to unclip the sensor).

I'm not sure if there's enough room to do that. if u feel around the area right above where the pivot point is on the passenger side, you should be able to feel the bolt (it's an 8mm). if not, it's just 2 bolts that remove the entire pedal assembly (don't forget to unclip the sensor).
Good to know, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom