02 Build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well here is the first post for this thing, currently sitting at 285k miles and needing a front wheel bearing. Bought it a couple of years ago for a daily driver and it never let me down. Now that it is a backup vehicle it is going to get a dana60 front axle and a sterling 10.5 rear. In the process of buying the axles right now. Going from stock to SAS hopefully with my time off and everything else going on we will be on tons and 37"s by the end of August. For those who have done a SAS anyone happen to have the measurements for spring shackle locations and steering box?
IMG_2075.jpg
IMG_2074.jpg

Awesome. I'll be here to follow along. It's a shame you lost your clear coat as that green is one of my favorite colors. They didn't make many in that color.
Ya i like the color but with the amount of body damage and poor repaint this thing has on it its not worth fixing, was on the table before I decided Tons were more important!

following.... My 00 Tundra has 275k and the rear diff recently started leaking from the cover (welded on of course). It did occur to me to do something different. Why the sterlling?

following.... My 00 Tundra has 275k and the rear diff recently started leaking from the cover (welded on of course). It did occur to me to do something different. Why the sterlling?
Because they are cheap and easy to find with matching gears for the dana 60 out of 2000s fords. 625, for both axles with brakes and springs is pretty hard to find a set of danas for that

Well dont have a real update yet still waiting on the axles to be ready to pick up, wrecking yard is running behind so hopefully this week!

Well unfortunatly looks like this build will be put on hold, my pickup was stolen out of my driveway. Hopefully ill be back soon with good updates.

Well small little update, got my axles yesterday and pulled the cover off the rear and it looks to have new gears and an aftermarket LSD, not going to complain about it. hoping to have more big updates in the next couple of weeks

Definitely slower than anticipated since it is now my daily driver again. Still slowly gathering parts so the moment i can i will be ripping the rearend out and installing the sterling.
Nice!, I have a sterling waiting to be gone through so I can put it in my Sequoia. Next will be hunting down a straight axle for the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom