01 taco on 285's?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all! I'm new into tacomas and just bought an 01 trd v-6 extra cab and want to put a 2" lift on 285's is that possible? Will they fit? It's just my daily driver so it won't see any hard wheeling

Yes they will. I am running km2 33x10.50R15 and they rub a little on the pinch weld but not bad.

Welcome to the world of Tacoma's!

I too just put on a new set of 285's BFG AT and my 2000 has experienced no rubbing. It does take a bit longer to get up to speed compared to the 32's I was running but my 5th gear seems to be ok. I have about a 2" lift as well.

Awesome! I'm actually going to run some 265/75's, basically a 32, what lifts are you running? I'm thinking some ome 880's up front and just a shackle in the rear, is that an alright set up? Or if I get full coil overs can I just bolt them on with no other mods like uca's etc...?

I also run 285 75 16 on the stock rims with no rubbing. go with coil overs in the front and add a leaf in the back and 1" diff drop it all is bolt on stuff. you will have problems with splitting cv boots if you go over 2.5" in the front. do a search lots of info. I think that Fabtech makes the best set up, spent the extra money and go with them.

Awesome! I'm actually going to run some 265/75's, basically a 32, what lifts are you running? I'm thinking some ome 880's up front and just a shackle in the rear, is that an alright set up? Or if I get full coil overs can I just bolt them on with no other mods like uca's etc...?

If your only wanting to run 265/75's a lift isn't even required. I have saw co's up front, Dakar leafs in the back and 255/85 km2's with stock wheels and stock uca's with no rubbing except slightly on the frame.

I also run 285 75 16 on the stock rims with no rubbing. go with coil overs in the front and add a leaf in the back and 1" diff drop it all is bolt on stuff. you will have problems with splitting cv boots if you go over 2.5" in the front. do a search lots of info. I think that Fabtech makes the best set up, spent the extra money and go with them.

Fabtech is far from the best set up for the Tacoma. I'd say OME, SAW, icon are a few of the top suspensions I have ran fabtech co's and I didn't have any trouble but there are a lot more proven suspension systems out there.

I have had the best luck with fabtech, just my opinion, I would stay away from spacers and some cheeper stet ups tho. good luck.

Thanks for the info!! Do you guys have pics of your trucks??

not a great pic but...
IMG-20111103-00039.jpg

I will post some pics soon...I have Icon coilovers up front that are adjusted to give me 2-1/2" and an extra leaf in back with Bilstein 5100 series shocks that gives me close to 3" in back. I like the stock raked look and often haul a lot of firewood and camping gear. I have considered UCA's but they just seem too expensive. My Icon's were spendy enough! My friend has a stock Tacoma just like mine and the ride is comparable, maybe just a tad stiffer. I would have gone with OME up front but I have an ARB bumper with a Warn M8000 winch up there...I did fall prey to spacers. BIG mistake.

Saw coil overs, Dakar leafs, OME sport nitrocharger shocks 255/85 km2's
72401455.jpg

529ab763.jpg

1334365307.jpg

5b3412df.jpg

Haddix, thats a nice looking truck. Like the roof racks whats the make of those. they look like frontier racks. sorry for the hijack js.

Haddix, thats a nice looking truck. Like the roof racks whats the make of those. they look like frontier racks. sorry for the hijack js.

Thanks man, same to you.
The roof rack is actually a OEM Toyota roof rack. Apparently in 02 and early 03 Toyota made a few DC's with the roof rack. I had never seen one until I seen this Tacoma. I originally wanted to take it off but it has really grown on me.

Here are a few pics of my truck with new wheels and tires...
IMG_1597.jpg
IMG_1598.jpg
IMG_1599.jpg

Thanks! Got rid of the stock 15's and went with these 16x8's from Wheelers Offroad. Now I can have a much better choice of tire sizes in metric, these being 285/75

What suspension is that haggis?

I am running Icon coilovers up front and an extra Toyota leaf with Bilstein 5100's in the rear. My truck rides pretty much like my friends identical but bone stock Tacoma. I chose to not go with UCA's to save $$ and I really don't think they are necessary for the kind of wheeling I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom