Rocky Point Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cantinero

Yo soy un pirata!
Threads
Website
www.piratasoffroad.com
Anyone interested in a trip to Rocky Point, Mexico the first part of next year? I was thinking sometime between late January to early April. Here is some preliminary trip costs for a MONSTER house in Los Conchas that I have stayed at several times. This place is HUGE and yes it will accommodate up to 24 people comfortably in their own bed!!! I believe it is somewhere in the range of 15K to 17K square feet give or take a thousand. Here are some of their pics and their write ups on the place with estimated pricing below. Pricing will fluctuate depending on the people participating.

For 16 people @ a 3 nights stay (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) the price is $295.00. A refundable deposit of $62.50 is included in that price so the trip total would be $232.50 per person.

For 24 people @ a 3 nights stay (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) the price is $251.25. A refundable deposit of $51.05 is included in that price so the trip total would be $200.20 per person

For 16 people @ a 2 nights stay (Friday & Saturday) the price is $223.00. A refundable deposit of $62.50 is included in that price so the trip total would be $160.50 per person.

For 24 people @ a 2 nights stay (Friday, Saturday) the price is $190.00. A refundable deposit of $51.05 is included in that price so the trip total would be $138.95 per person.

MAIN HOUSE:
The minute you arrive under the Porte Cochere you realize this beautiful true Mexican hacienda is a cut above most rental properties. Passing through the massive wood entrance doors you enter into a traditional old world charm style courtyard. The tranquil sound of cascading water from a 10 feet cantera fountain along with a garden and sound of birds puts you in paradise. Surrounding the courtyard are the luxurious bedroom suites, each having its own bathroom. Each suite and bath has a different color scheme in true Mexican colors and tile. The fully equipped kitchen and dining room with brick ceiling has breathtaking views of the majestic sea of Cortez. This villa sits over 3 beachfront lots expanding 180' of beachfront. Additional amenities include-Palapas, gazebo, propane BBQ, fire pit, boveda ceilings, 54" TV Satellite DVD/VCR, Wireless Internet available(bring your own laptop wireless G&B adaptors only) AC and heating bedrooms only and plenty of parking. This property is perfect for corporate retreats. IF YOU WANT MAID AND COOK SERVICES PLEASE CALL FOR DETAILS. Owner Request- MAXIMUM # OF PEOPLE ALLOW IN THIS HOUSE IS 16-YOU WILL BE COUNTED. IF YOU NEED MORE ROOM, THE CASITA NEXT DOOR IS AVAILABLE FOR RENT. NO CAMPING or RV HOOK-UP, NO ATV OR MOTORCYCLE, NO FIREWORKS, NO ROLLER-SKATING or SKATE BOARDING AND NO SMOKING INSIDE. NO MOVING THE FURNITURE. FOR HOLIDAYS THE WHOLE HOUSE MUST BE RENTED MAX INCREASE OVER THE YEAR IS 5%.

CASITA:
This is off to the side of the main house, attached by a lock/off breezeway. It has three bedrooms (one bedroom with a king size bed and the other two rooms have 2 king size beds each room, there is a total of 5 king size beds in the guest house) and two baths, a small living room and dining area with a TV/VCR and Satellite dish, and a smaller full kitchen and a private patio overlooking the beach. OWNER REQUEST NO SMOKING INSIDE AND NO PETS.

I will see if I can dig up some of my personal photos and post them if there is much interest.

If you are interested then post up and lets do this trip. Could be cool to get a CSC group photo of our trucks a top Competition Hill and out back of JJ’s depending on the tide. :beer:

Cantinero

PS- On the No Fireworks thing, they are a stickler on that. Las Conchas security tried to have me thrown in jail a few years back.

Attachments

• property_thumbnail1_1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 175
  • property_thumbnail3_1.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 196
  • property_water_thumbnail_1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
desertdude said:
Depending on the dates - We might be down for this - never been to RP - yet!

The end of March or early April really work best for me. What is the best dates for you Desertdude also how many people?

:beer: Furthermore, I want to say this is not just for CSC members, but friends as well. :beer:

2 people - hard to pin down a real date ( I am signed up for habitat for humanity Feb March)

a shot for late March sounds kinda good -

Is this primarily hanging around the beach or are we actually wheeling? Most schools are off in mid March for spring break so it may be tought to get the place then. Last year we went the third week of april and it was COLD at night.

I wouldn't say it would be all hanging around the beach. There would be some wheeling out towards Cholla Bay for those who would want to, but most of my wheeling is the dirt roads between the cantinas. Mostly this trip is about what you want to do...afterall it is mexico. I love getting some fire works and lighting them off a top competition hill after wheeling up it, and then heading out to JJ's to finish the evening. I also love a cold beer in my hand and my feet in the sand as well. I love all the cantinas and street taco vendors, I also love haggling with all the merchants over their merchandise and fresh seafood. And when it is all said and done at the end of the day a fire on the beach under a star filled sky and the moon reflecting off the waves pounding the beach and the cool ocean breeze blowing in... That is my little slice of heaven and that is why I go to Mexico.

So to really answer your question about what we would do... I will leave that up to each individual that wants to go. I hand out too many directions in a day as it is to people, I also have too much direction thrown at me in my life, and Mexico for me is about leaving that behind. :beer:

San Carlos, I'd think about it... RP, I'd feel like a sell out.. I hate that place, or what I know of it anyway... Isn't San Carlos like 10 times better?

san carlos is ok, not that much better, smaller.. Carlos is way furter away though. you can do rocky point in 4 hours carlos is a all day trip.

I and some friends may be down but it would only work for us if it matched up with our spring break. Our break is differnt then the AZ and south western schools so i dunno. Ill keep lloking back when you guys get a date set.

mike

on second thought do you have some more info on that place cantinero? might have some free airline miles i could use..

lx450landcruiser said:
on second thought do you have some more info on that place cantinero? might have some free airline miles i could use..

Here is the info you requested. The house I am talking about is called Villa Del Ensueño. It used to be called La Casablanca, but it sold about a year ago and has been remodled from the looks of some of the photos. It has an ok size bar in it as well as a pool table in the lounge area (or it did). I think that is one area that was remodled from their pictures. It is a very nice place. The casita under the main house in the link I provided is the other half of the house that sleeps 8 additional people. I have been down there with 20 friends and never felt like we were falling over each other. I also agree about San Carlos. It is too far to drive for what you get. I do RP about 8-10 times a year and always have fun. I have gotten to be friends with some of the locals down there and always look forward to hitting the cantinas with them.

Last edited:
the link is "here is the info you requested." Just click on that sentance and it will take you there.

So when is your break and are you interested in going?

Ok so our spring break is Mar 18-27. If this was a possiblity I'd prob round up about 8-10 college students ta go? We would fly into Phx and then take a bus down prob. Were all looking to go to mexico for spring break we just havent figured out where yet, so if this was a possibility maybe this could work.

mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom