Mr Gasket part number??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I just went down to Man-a-Fre this past week and got the whole J spring lift/shocks/caster correction/extended brake lines, oh and cant forget the impulse buy of the snorkel either :eek: .....anyway, I forget what the part number is for the MR Gasket one inch spacers for up front? Can anyone chime in on this one with the number and let me know? Thanks so much and i will be posting picks in the next week or soo when I actually have some time to put the new lift on. Oh ya, not only the part number but where to buy it? I thought it was Napa auto parts but Im a bit lame lately and forgetful to say the least. Thanks, Chans :beer:

Hey if you just type in Mr. Gasket on to summit racing they should come up. That is where I got mine. Congrats on the big purchase. Post some pics when done!

I thought i saw a set of those laying around somewhere... :flipoff2:
Mr. Gasket spacers 001 (Small).jpg
Mr. Gasket spacers 002 (Small).jpg

What caster correction did you get?

If you got 850J's and OME bushings You will be way short on caster if you stick a spacer on top of that. That correction is not sufficent for the J spring, let alone another inch on top of that.

I had Js and the 1" mr gasket spacers on, with only the caster correction bushings. It drove poorly. So much so that I would not let anyone drive it. With those springs and the spacer you will need Slees correction plates IMO. Oh, you will also need blocks and brackets for the sway bars.
Cheers,
Sean

thanks for the info on the mr gasket..........another question now. So should I even put in the caster correction bushings or just get the plates from slee or put both in? I will be ordering the blocks and whatnot tomorrow morning but I had no idea about the caster bushings not working with that set up...damn, now I have to spend some more money on the beast... :)

The main issue you have is the lift you get with j's and a one inch spacer is the fact that the lift falls inbetween the correction offered by the OME bushings and the Slee caster plates. Installing both would be a serious mistake.

these are Super Pro spring spacers for the LC80 they are 30mm thick pics are for the rear there is also for the front 30mm also. this is what we use here in P.I.

Hey where do you get those 30mm? I like that height better for me. Oh and I would use the castor plates if I were you. I got a buddy with J's and 1inch spacers and he says the castor plates work great and make the world of a difference.

I would suggest going strait to the caster plates using OEM bushings if you are going with the spacers and Js.

Ditto... Slee's plates and OEM bushings. I just did went through this two weeks ago.

J's on, OME bushings in, measured caster= -.5.

OME busings out, OEM busings in, Slee's plates in, measured caster=+3.6. :cool:

My opinion is do not use the OME correction bushings with J's, you will be unhappy.

The Mr. G spacers worked great. You could also use MFE's 25mm spacers (not advertised, but ask them).

Hmm.. I've got the J's and Castor plates right now, no spacers and OEM bushings. I order a 10mm and 5mm for the front from MAF and was going to try this config to hopefully (1) bring the castor back a little (2) give me a little more space betweeen the Relay rod and control arms, and (3) reduce some of the driveline vibration that started w/the castor plate install.

I hope I didnt go too little?? I wanted to avoid lifting the rear end, and I kinda like the raked look, but can deal with the it being level. I saw the 25mm MAF spacers but thought that might be overkill, and if I just did the front my rear would be lower?

Once again, this forum has answered yet another question from me. So I think I am going to keep the OEM bushings in and buy the caster plates from slee. I like the overall lift of Js with one inch spacer up front to lift it back up so hopefully this will work. Thanks to everyone for the great info. Pictures will be on the way once the project starts to take hold. :cheers:

4dmalamute,

I'm doing the same as you. I just ordered springs and the caster plates today. So next week I should be playing with looking at tires.

I've got a huge gear problem. I don't have anyone local to set up 4.88s for me.

Eric V.

EV, I don't know how, but I'm willing to help :).

I have J's and 1.5" spacer in the front, it's almost level, the rear is 25" and front is 24.5" hub center to flare with no added weight other than the ARB on the front. The OME bushings are not enough, that will be addressed shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom