ARB Commercial Bar vs. Deluxe Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From Junk "ARB also offers a commercial bar for the 80 that takes the 8274 - I had one and sold it."

ARB website shows a 80-series commercial bar that looks almost identical to the deluxe bar. As Junk mentioned, the commercial bar can fit a regular winch like the 8274, unlike the deluxe bar that can only fit the low mount winch. Does anyone have a better picture of the commercial bar that shows the difference from the deluxe bar?

If memory serves, the commercial bar isn't 'finished' as nicely as the deluxe. Additionally, the sides of it only extend to the sheetmetal and don't meet up with the fender flares the same way the deluxe bar's do.

shocker said:
If memory serves, the commercial bar isn't 'finished' as nicely as the deluxe. Additionally, the sides of it only extend to the sheetmetal and don't meet up with the fender flares the same way the deluxe bar's do.
I can send you a bunch of photos if you would like to see one on a 97. I have a commercial bar on my 97 with an 8274. Unless you are totally commited to the 8274 the regular bar would always be a better option.

Uglibus said:
I can send you a bunch of photos if you would like to see one on a 97. I have a commercial bar on my 97 with an 8274. Unless you are totally commited to the 8274 the regular bar would always be a better option.

I would love to see the photos of the commercial bar with the 8274 mounted. Why is the regular bar a better option?

My email is lx450@comcast.net Thanks.

John

Not on 80s no, but read the captions, I assume the basic design is the same. The commercial doesnt wrap around the the front fenders to meet the flares the same as the deluxe.

edit** even the ARB site doesnt have good pics of the difference.

ARB
http://203.147.148.115/

Last edited:
I thought that on an old thread about the Commercial bars someone posted that they also have a worse approach angle, more steel down front and center. Not sure if IIRC tho. Yet to be able to afford the shipping on one of these to AK yet myself :crybaby:

Jomama said:
I thought that on an old thread about the Commercial bars someone posted that they also have a worse approach angle, more steel down front and center. Not sure if IIRC tho. Yet to be able to afford the shipping on one of these to AK yet myself :crybaby:

Yeah, just looking at this picture it kinda looks like the bar hangs a little lower than a deluxe model.

Commercial_mainpic.jpg

BMT, who is sometimes here on Mud, has the commercial bar. The basic design is the same, except for the mounting cradle for the winch. The front middle bar is extended outwards, as is the front of the lower section, to fit the 8274.

This is the only pic I could find off hand....don't think it'll help much.

-H-
BMTSedona.jpg

Hey Uglibus,

Email me the pics of yours and I'll post'em. I checked here and I don't have any pics of your truck here they're at home and I can post'em from there later.

The 8274 does fit in the non-comercial bumper. You just have to be will to cut and grind. :D

Last edited:
Does the 8274 fit the deluxe without cutting the grill? I don't mind cutting up the bumper, but I HATE the way the cut grills look and am not willing to do that.

I've got the comercial bar. I like it. I dont have a winch yet as i'm a broke college kid. I'll try and get some pictures up here. pretty much everything about has been said though. I'm just doing a little post padding. Need to keep that # moving up. I like it but if I had to do it again, I would build my own front bumper, but when i bought it i didnt have the materials to do it.

None of the info about the ARB Commercial is very recent. I just found out that I can still get one from ARB.

What I want from a bumper:
- fit Warn 1200
- take a beating (trail rig only)

I like the Warn Deluxe, but I don't like how wide it is (I'm fenderless). The only real thing I've heard about the commercial is that it is narrower and fits a 8724. Some people said worse approach angle, because it sticks out further and down farther.

If I drop the Warn 1200 idea and settle for a Warn 9500, then I'll likely get the metaltech.

So, any more info on the commercial? Many old picture links were dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom