Toyota light switch from Slee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy folks...

I recently purchased the upgrade lighting harnesses from Slee as well as a Toyota light switch for my new fog lamps. My problem is I don't know what to do with the two green wires on the switch harness. I know I need to splice one of them in to light the switch, maybe even both. I'm new to wiring so I am confused as to why the wires are both green and what exactly I should do with each of them.

I should add that the upgrade harnesses are great and very easy to install.

TIA

I'm sure Slee would help you out. Give them a call and they should talk you through it.

Green wires are for illumination of the switch. YOu need to splice them in parallel to any illumination wires from another switch or the correct wires from the reostat. Do you have the electrical manual?

Thanks for responding. I have the FSM, but I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for the reostat. Is there a separate Manual for the electrics?

Pull the lower dash enough to access the rheostat. Using a test light back probe the three wires on the back of the rheostat. While backprobing, turn the rheostat from side to side. When the test light goes bright to dim, you have found the right wire to splice into. there will be three wires a 12V, a ground and the variable output of the rheostat. Should be pretty easy, if this doesn't make any sense, have someone else do it for you.

Thanks guys.

I downloaded the wiring diagrams I needed from techinfo.toyota.com and was able to sort it out.

For anyone interested in splicing a fog light switch into the back of the rheostat for illumination all you have to do is put one of each green wire on the new switch to both the Solid Green and the White/Green wires on the back of the rheostat. That's it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom