10% off Borla Cat-backs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

macneill

Rollin’ on 33s
Threads
what about the 6-8 week lead time plus man. time and then shipping? Have they done anything to fix that?

@macneill
Thanks for the tip.. :D
I've just ordered one.. I hope it would fit with ARB's rear bar..

@1loudLX
6-8 weeks isn't that bad really.. unless you vehicle is sitting in the garage waiting for the part..

it felt like forever when i finally got my exhaust. I actually had totally forgotten that i had ordered it, thats how long it took. LoL!

1loudLX,

Granting that your user name alludes to the sound of your Cruiser, can you tell us more of your impressions of the exhaust note? Any inmprovement in economy? Performance? Girl-getting ability? Was is strictly a bolt-in with no mods?

Thx in advance.

I can chime in my .02 on the Borla...

It bolts right on. Great fit and finish. A quality product. I guess they do mean it when they say they have a million mile warranty.

Exhaust note needs a lot to be desired, IMHO. I would love it a bit louder, but it is better than stock for sure. Over time, the note got a little deeper.

The Borla combined with the K&N supposedly should give me more power and fuel economy, but with the added weight of the winch, sliders, front and rear bumpers, I didn't notice any.

i like the borla sound, give it a sightly different exhaust note, and under light throttle has a nice deep sound to it compared to stock. The main reason why my truck is "Loud" is my K&N Aircharger intake system. Granted...you cant use a snorkel with it but, i dont plan on fording the long island sound to see Macneill.

The exhaust was put on in like, 20 mins. I ordered it from a shop and when it finally came he sent me over to some hole in the wall place in the bronx. I pulled in, the guy put my truck on the lift and tore off the stock exhaust. The Borla just BARELY fit in my towhitch cutout. But he commented on how well built the exhaust was.

My ex-gf didnt like my truck, she said the intake hurt her ears. lol. But all my other female friends love my truck so...i guess it has good girl getability, and my exgf is my ex for a reason...she didnt like the 100. Or maybe its because i made her throw up while coming home from a movie in the 911.

Performance, my truck keeps up with the 06 with the VVT-i....just my truck is louder....a lot louder.

One last thing i forgot to mention. The borla still has the two muffler setup like the stock exhaust. Ive been thinking about cutting out the big first one, and just leave the resonator behind the bumper, since that one says borla.........just goes to show you, loud isnt loud enough for me.

Borla Vs. Magna-flow??

Hey guys,

New member here. Have a 02 100 series. Just reading your posts on the borla cat back system. it sounds like borla has what i'm looking for but i'm not sure if i would get the same or better product, sound, performance with the magnaflow cat back. Anybody have any info or opinions on either?
Thanks,

Matt

I dont think magnaflow makes any type of specific cat-back for the 100 series. If anyone cares to hear how my truck sounds w/ the intake and exhaust...

This is From outside in 4Lo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLXuKR4JDgU

This is just me bored in the middle of the night.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMVO79yrwPg
Image2.jpg

I would love to see before/after Borla exhaust dynamometer graphs. Same vehicle, same dyno, same conditions. I'd be willing to chip in for the costs too.

I dont think magnaflow makes any type of specific cat-back for the 100 series. If anyone cares to hear how my truck sounds w/ the intake and exhaust...

Hey, our trucks sound identical! Imagine that. The K&N certainly does make it a lot louder. What are those flashing lights? Are you an EMT or something?

used to volunteer for EMS. Macneill, we should get out on the belt parkway and see whos is louder! hah.

used to volunteer for EMS. Macneill, we should get out on the belt parkway and see whos is louder! hah.

I might have a few more decibels with the MTRs, but you'll blow my doors off.

My truck is slow as hell.

what about the 6-8 week lead time plus man. time and then shipping? Have they done anything to fix that?

I ordered it on the 25th and it was delivered on the 29th (to Kuwait, on the other side of the planet!)
I think this is the fastest lead time I've experienced from the US so far for something this size.. You probably were unlucky ;)

The tip of that exhaust is Huge :eek: I wonder if it would fit after the ARB rear bumper is installed :confused:
borla-tip.jpg

well maybe Borla or Performance Products had them in stock. Seems more people are wanting them now a days so maybe they keep them in stock. When I had ordered mine, NOBODY ANYWHERE had it.

Congrats on getting it fast, enjoy it!

Wow, that was quick. For what it's worth, I had no issues with my TJM rear bumper and the Borla tip.

I ordered it on the 25th and it was delivered on the 29th (to Kuwait, on the other side of the planet!)
I think this is the fastest lead time I've experienced from the US so far for something this size.. You probably were unlucky ;)

The tip of that exhaust is Huge :eek: I wonder if it would fit after the ARB rear bumper is installed :confused:

I've had the borla installed now for some time and I love how it sound! not too loud not too quite.. a good match to the character of the 100 series :grinpimp:

didn't notice any performance improvement.. it clears the arb rear bumper and combo sub tank just fine..

Thanks again macneill :)

surprised

I am surprised that the Borla cat back does not improve the performance on the 100 series. I tried one on my 4-runner years ago and it really woke up the little 6 cylinder on that truck. I have been debating weather or not to try one on the land cruiser. Anyone else have a different experience?

royr,

my LC is quite heavy and I keep most of my gear in it all the time, that is probably why I said that I did not notice any performance improvement..

on a stock 100, maybe the slight increase in power (if any) is more noticeable.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom