Winch recommendations for a 96 runner in Alberta (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Duane

IH8MUD Wookie
Threads
Just ordered an ARB BullBar at the local shop and thought what better place can I leverage experience on the pros and cons of winches, accessories, cost, repair costs etc than right here!

So what brand and model should I buy? I just do medium to light trails so I don't need one that will suck her up into a tree as in "The Gods must be crazy" movie

I have an ARB Bull Bar on my Tacoma, but no winch yet. I have Warn winches on my 3/4 ton Dodge/Cummins (12,000) and on my Kawasaki Brute Force 750 (3000). I have had good luck with Warn, and plan on putting a Warn 8000 in the Tacoma. I also like the looks of the new Warn DualForce Power Plant with an air compressor, but I don't know if they will fit in the Bull Bar. Tom

http://www.winchdepot.com/winchDetail.asp?partNumber=26502

Check this link. I just bought this very winch and am putting it in my ARB bull bar on my 05 Tacoma. It came in a just a few days. I just havent had time to put it in. But you won't find a better price for the M8000 anywhere. And they Throw in a Hitch mount receiver shackle for free. and Shipping is free.

I got the Warn also because My father has a Warn Winch on his 1971 Chevy 3/4 ton pick up. He bought the truck and the Winch brand new and still has both of them. That winch has been pulling out stumps since before I was born.

hey 5280Hawk

Thanks for the reference on the winch.
Have you installed yours yet? Have any mounting problems or did it work out pretty good?

I have a new ARB bumper on my 2000 TRD Tacoma. I went with a Warn
M8000lb winch. I have also had a Warn xd900i. Warn products have
never let me down. My friend has the same bumper and he just put in a
milemarker. I'm partial to Warn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom