GX550 & LC250 Tracking Thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’m going to venture a guess that most of you haven’t spent much time on Rennlist lately.

Let me explain the wait lists to you.

The numbers are mostly made up. When you request to be put on the list as an MSRP buyer, it doesn’t matter when you were placed on the list. They will sell to those willing to pay the ADM until there are no more takers. Then they will get to you. If the car isn’t worth an ADM to you, that’s fine. You don’t get brownie points for this, and realize that you will be lower priority than a dude who walks in the dealer willing to throw down an extra $20k on the deal. You would do the same if your occupation was shifting Toyotas. Personally speaking, I would not pay ADM for one of these. I did pay one for a 911 and have no regrets. Everyone has to draw their line in the sand.

..or pay $20k over MSRP for a 4 yr old GT3 :censor:

It appears from the other 250 forum that the 250s are being split between Tahara and Hino/Hamura. Looks like mine isn't being built in Tahara which is a tad disappointing.
View attachment 3616417

Hino Hamura has been building trucks for Toyota for almost 50 years. I would not at all be worried about the quality of the product coming from Hino.

Hino Hamura has been building trucks for Toyota for almost 50 years. I would not at all be worried about the quality of the product coming from Hino.
I've always just heard more about Tahara. Admittedly I don't know enough about the differences to care that much.

I’m going to venture a guess that most of you haven’t spent much time on Rennlist lately.

Let me explain the wait lists to you.

The numbers are mostly made up. When you request to be put on the list as an MSRP buyer, it doesn’t matter when you were placed on the list. They will sell to those willing to pay the ADM until there are no more takers. Then they will get to you. If the car isn’t worth an ADM to you, that’s fine. You don’t get brownie points for this, and realize that you will be lower priority than a dude who walks in the dealer willing to throw down an extra $20k on the deal. You would do the same if your occupation was shifting Toyotas. Personally speaking, I would not pay ADM for one of these. I did pay one for a 911 and have no regrets. Everyone has to draw their line in the sand.
This has been interesting to watch. Here on mud there seem to be plenty of people getting MSRP 250s and GXs. If people are paying ADMs they've been awful quiet about it. If you go to landcruiserforum.com almost all of the people in the purchasing threads are paying $5k-$10k over MSRP.

This has been interesting to watch. Here on mud there seem to be plenty of people getting MSRP 250s and GXs. If people are paying ADMs they've been awful quiet about it. If you go to landcruiserforum.com almost all of the people in the purchasing threads are paying $5k-$10k over MSRP.
Maybe I've been lucky, but I received three allocations; two GX OT+ and LCFE at MSRP.

The third dealer hasn't reached out to me yet.

It appears from the other 250 forum that the 250s are being split between Tahara and Hino/Hamura. Looks like mine isn't being built in Tahara which is a tad disappointing.

Mine was built at Hamura. Hamura will be just as good as Tahara. Both are much better than Mexico Tacomas and Texas Tundras.

Some photos from my brother in CA.

06eb92cd-e3a9-45dd-b526-7ce2d8422b2e.jpeg

13f703c9-c4c5-4aca-a3a1-07231e47c54a.jpeg

957eacab-3176-4829-aeb8-d39f9ae0b734.jpeg

2309ec75-42a1-4ac5-a6d5-16c6b53439f8.jpeg

8999b1c3-b12c-4b93-8f14-33cf38486354.jpeg

I am not sure about that part: "Here on mud there seem to be plenty of people getting MSRP 250s and GXs." I have not seen yet, or maybe I have missed them, posts of folks getting their actual trucks and openly saying the final paid price. Not a criticism, just that my observation has been that non seem to be sharing the actual paid price. I don't follow other forums, so maybe in the one you are referring to, they are actually sharing their information more openly.

I posted an IG vidoe of someone stating folks paying ADM's, but I do not know if it is true or not. I can say for sure that the dealer I emailed long ago with interest, never asked for a deposit, and this week emailed me back to tell me the one they got was allocated to someone else and not me because I said "white", and it wasn't white. True or not, who knows !

I am very happy to see more and more vehicles being delivered !

I am not sure about that part: "Here on mud there seem to be plenty of people getting MSRP 250s and GXs." I have not seen yet, or maybe I have missed them, posts of folks getting their actual trucks and openly saying the final paid price. Not a criticism, just that my observation has been that non seem to be sharing the actual paid price. I don't follow other forums, so maybe in the one you are referring to, they are actually sharing their information more openly.

I posted an IG vidoe of someone stating folks paying ADM's, but I do not know if it is true or not. I can say for sure that the dealer I emailed long ago with interest, never asked for a deposit, and this week emailed me back to tell me the one they got was allocated to someone else and not me because I said "white", and it wasn't white. True or not, who knows !

I am very happy to see more and more vehicles being delivered !
I guess I should have said allocations. Theoretically ADM could be added on when it arrives, but most of the allocations on toyota.com/search-inventory show ADMs if they have them.

I've only seen a couple of secured allocations, but I don't think I've seen anyone on mud yet say they agreed to an ADM.

I see a LC100 in your avatar, am I correct? How do you personally compare the LC100 "thunk" feeling vs. the new GX550? Any other comments ? Absolutely awesome it looks ! That is the preferred color for me, white. The Nori green is amazing, but definetely white for me! That pic and the fact that they are somewhat avaiable now, makes me lean towards a GX vs a LC250 🤣, and it does has KDSS !

Took delivery last Friday in Knoxville, TN. Paid msrp plus doc. Was right around 78k out the door

View attachment 3616723

I see a LC100 in your avatar, am I correct? How do you personally compare the LC100 "thunk" feeling vs. the new GX550? Any other comments ? Absolutely awesome it looks ! That is the preferred color for me, white. The Nori green is amazing, but definetely white for me! That pic and the fact that they are somewhat avaiable now, makes me lean towards a GX vs a LC250 🤣, and it does has KDSS !
I absolutely love the new GX. Very smooth, tons of power and I think it's the best looking vehicle to come out in a long time. Our 3rd car is a 2004 LC and my wife was driving a 2024 TRD ORP 4Runner before the GX came and its much nicer than it. Worth mentioning it's also 25k more. I don't really know how to compare it to my 100 series ha. Steering is much smoother and probably has twice the get up as the lc but the lc does have a some extra weight on it. I buy a lot of cars, but not the best when it comes to tech/mechanical reviews haha.

Ultimately went with the GX over the LC because of the v6 versus 4 cylinder hybrid system. Other than that, the infotainment screen is like an inch bigger, I think the GX is 3 inches longer, has EKDSS, and more cargo storage due to no hybrid battery.

Just curious, are the body panels/hood steel or aluminum on the LC 250/GX 550?

Congratulations again and thank you for the report out !

The technical stuff can be read or analyzed elswhere, but it is the user feeling what I was looking for, thank you much ! Since you have a LC100 you can actually voice an opinion from direct user experience and not just reviews. With all this "the LC250 and GX550" are not real Land Cruisers, one cannot stop to wonder how the new GX and LC250 feels in terms of what I call the "thunk" feeling.... 🤣. For me the LC100 has an even more solid and profound "thunk" feeling vs the 80 and/or the 200... and since you have one, that's why I asked !

Thanks again, and I am thorn between the LC250 hybrid/2nd 3rd row AC vents vs the GX550 turbo/kdss !

🫶🏻

I absolutely love the new GX. Very smooth, tons of power and I think it's the best looking vehicle to come out in a long time. Our 3rd car is a 2004 LC and my wife was driving a 2024 TRD ORP 4Runner before the GX came and its much nicer than it. Worth mentioning it's also 25k more. I don't really know how to compare it to my 100 series ha. Steering is much smoother and probably has twice the get up as the lc but the lc does have a some extra weight on it. I buy a lot of cars, but not the best when it comes to tech/mechanical reviews haha.

Ultimately went with the GX over the LC because of the v6 versus 4 cylinder hybrid system. Other than that, the infotainment screen is like an inch bigger, I think the GX is 3 inches longer, has EKDSS, and more cargo storage due to no hybrid battery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom