Tundra HD bumper options / pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at possibly replacing my bumper with something more solid. I like the ARB but it looks too much with the bar. Wanting something solid but more discreet that I can put a winch behind. I looked at fab fours but wondering if anyone else has experience or picture they can provide.
Again, I’m looking for a clean but solid bumper. I don’t like big branding (iron cross) or overstated features… just want something that is nice, low profile and solid.

Cheers

No experience but helping a buddy with same quest and just saw Brute Force Fab bumper on @oldmantan rig. Looks pretty sweet. You may be able to order without the bar work on top if you didn’t want.

1671713783089.jpeg

The coastal off-road bumpers get mentioned a lot here. I put the front and rear on my sequoia. about 20 hours of welding and grinding, but that was my first welding project. They’ve held up really well. The second gen tundra options are pretty discreet.

Awesome. I’ll check into both those brands. Thanks.

Which gen Tundra do you have? Coastal is in Delta on River Road near the Alex Fraser Bridge, so a local option for you.

Where is all this “good wheeling” in Penticton? I grew up playing around in OK Mtn Park and Chute Lake area. There are some ok (but very short) sections there that I know of, but I’m open to hear of other spots.

Which gen Tundra do you have? Coastal is in Delta on River Road near the Alex Fraser Bridge, so a local option for you.

Where is all this “good wheeling” in Penticton? I grew up playing around in OK Mtn Park and Chute Lake area. There are some ok (but very short) sections there that I know of, but I’m open to hear of other spots.
Talk to Todd @ Aqualu about wheeling locations. He’s the only person I know of who’s been there
forever and there won’t be a mountain trail he doesn’t know about. He’s a busy guy, though

I have a 2.5 gen. Not any longer “destination trails” of note, but there are some nice spots to test your rig in Summerland. We did the whipsaw this past summer and I’m up for more stuff like that… not taking the tundra there though.

Talk to Todd @ Aqualu about wheeling locations. He’s the only person I know of who’s been there
forever and there won’t be a mountain trail he doesn’t know about. He’s a busy guy, though
I’m the guy who asked Todd if he could fab a body for my FJ40 way back in 1992 when he was building boats. He bought a 40 to measure, and I got his second tub ever. We’ve been friends for over 30 years.

I’m the guy who asked Todd if he could fab a body for my FJ40 way back in 1992 when he was building boats. He bought a 40 to measure, and I got his second tub ever. We’ve been friends for over 30 years.
I bought his cut and turned axle from his 40 when he went to one tons. Back in ‘99. I have an FJ45 box
last remaining piece from him. I have a friend who is there right now, he grew up in Penticton. If you
want I could ask him for best local runs.

I bought his cut and turned axle from his 40 when he went to one tons. Back in ‘99. I have an FJ45 box
last remaining piece from him. I have a friend who is there right now, he grew up in Penticton. If you
want I could ask him for best local runs.
It’s all good. I’m in Christina Lake and barely get time to explore close to home these days. Todd started out as a millwright for Doppelmayr way back when, and I worked for a contractor that did work for Doppelmayr as well. I’ve seen his 40 in a few different incarnations over the years, as well as helping him with the finishing touches on a big order for Icon. Todd is more or less a genius!

I have smittybilt front and rear purchased from Langley 4 wheel parts.
Good fit and very durable.

20230302_112951.jpg

20230302_112933.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom