ARB Bumper Fitment Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleepycruiser

I will get by….I will survive -Touch of Grey LC200
Threads
Will a 2012+ (years according to ARB) front bumper fit on a 2011 with no major mods?

A6DB8B0C-F55C-48BF-9ED2-79772D09D618.jpeg

440F9917-EA13-4FB6-8685-D05D7E9F4DAA.jpeg

The physical mounting is identical between model years, what might have changed is the shape of the cutline you make do to grill differences, location of pre-collision sensor etc. If it were me and price was right I'd buy it and make it fit.

My guess is the lights and fascia are different, so it probably won't bolt up without some interference, otherwise they would have just kept on the gen1 sku.
Other issues with used bumpers - there may be necessary mounting parts missing, which you'd have to get from ARB. I contacted ARB and a couple resellers about getting some brackets to use as a base for a homebrew bumper, and without the original bill of sale they weren't interested in it.

My guess is the lights and fascia are different, so it probably won't bolt up without some interference, otherwise they would have just kept on the gen1 sku.
Other issues with used bumpers - there may be necessary mounting parts missing, which you'd have to get from ARB. I contacted ARB and a couple resellers about getting some brackets to use as a base for a homebrew bumper, and without the original bill of sale they weren't interested in it.

Wow, so no post sale support for secondary buyers? That's crappy, especially given the fact that a bumper doesn't really wear out. Parts get passed around the community and if the 2nd or 3rd buyer needs some small bits/pieces and is willing to pay for them I don't see how that possibly hurts the company. It only helps their reputation....

That's very common and reasonable. ARB only has downside if their bits contribute to a failure of someone else's design. They'd rather sell bumpers than be in the small parts business. Front Runner does the same with their racks.

I don't find it reasonable at all. How hard is it for them to support their products? Not that hard for them to sell hardware or small brackets at a high mark up

Like said above the trim will likely be different.
When I got my rear 2015 bumper for my 2016 (they had not made the 2016 bumper at that time yet) I had to buy the 2015 rear bumper skin and get it painted to match for it to fit right.
So you may need a 2012 Face Lift for it to fit right.

It is likely missing parts and hardware, camera relocation kit, the front lower skid panels are not in the picture. You can buy the parts from ARB but they maybe pricy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom