2010 lx570 won't go into 4 low (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the info on how to get to the switch. I will report my findings

Has anyone been able to find a part number for just the 4 lo switch (the one in the center console) if it's cheap enough I would like to have it ready when I pull mine to check the ohm readings in my pursuit to get 4 lo working.

84010-60761 - it's sold as a unit.

It's not really a switch. The actual paddle switch pushes down on a silicon pad embedded with connectors. Those connectors make contact with a small PCB beneath it. The silicon pad works well by keeping spills off the board. Like I said, mine was disgusting, but beneath the pad, it was all clean.

My light was flashing but not engaging. Took some rolling around to get it to engage but it did eventually.

☝that's the part number I found too. 84010-60760

Did you ever find the issue and solution?

Mine was doing the exact same thing as the op. I discovered that on the underside of the switch there is a tiny plastic part that actually pressing the button and mine was broken off. I bought a used console off eBay and hooked it up and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately the button isn’t sold by itself. That’s a very flimsy little piece of plastic for such an important job

Mine was doing the exact same thing as the op. I discovered that on the underside of the switch there is a tiny plastic part that actually pressing the button and mine was broken off. I bought a used console off eBay and hooked it up and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately the button isn’t sold by itself. That’s a very flimsy little piece of plastic for such an important job

Happened to me too!

Happened to me too!

Glad and sad to know im not the only one who went through that wtf’ery. Worst part is I took it to Lexus who determined that i needed a whole new 4wd ecu. Luckily I didnt have the money for that at the time or I would have paid them to do absolutely nothing to fix the problem.

I took mine all apart and cleaned it, but still not fixed. I’ve switched the plastic plunger for one from a different switch since I am no longer using my AHC. It was ridiculously dirty, and that plunger was gummed up with coffee or Cola. I will pull it out again and see if I can close the contact manually to engage for low

I took mine all apart and cleaned it, but still not fixed. I’ve switched the plastic plunger for one from a different switch since I am no longer using my AHC. It was ridiculously dirty, and that plunger was gummed up with coffee or Cola. I will pull it out again and see if I can close the contact manually to engage for low
I think the one for 4 lo is the only one that has that little tab on it. I’m pretty sure you have to pus that button down before you can switch to 4 lo so if you can move it freely it’s not really engaging.

I haven't seen any posts which day the 4 lo light didn't even come on.. I had been engaging 4 lo a few times a month for the past several months and while it did take time to engage it always did. Please note I am getting no 4 lo light at all and don't hear the relay clicking (used to click when it engaged) clicking was from pass side dash area. Just thought I would add that info if that triggers any responses.
Did you ever find a solution to this? I took my switch panel apart, cleaned it all up, but it did not help. I can manually actuate the different switches using a connector to bridge the switch gap on the pcboard, but nothing on the 4 low. I was wondering if anybody has seen a wiring diagram so I could try manually engaging for a load from the wiring connector instead of the PC board

4056452C-11AA-4E97-A269-9C2B5823E136.jpeg

3330B5AD-9BDC-4689-8A51-0C09AB8310E4.jpeg

D3B5DE28-C51C-44D2-9E90-7BD3155A214C.jpeg

I think the one for 4 lo is the only one that has that little tab on it. I’m pretty sure you have to pus that button down before you can switch to 4 lo so if you can move it freely it’s not really engaging.
If by little tab, you mean having to push the switch down before you can switch it to four low, I did not need to change that part of the switch. Just a little white plunger that pushes down on the contact. I have since taking the part again, and tried to manually bridge that connection, and nothing shows up on the dash, and definitely no clicking of the actuator. Does anyone know if there is a specific fuse for this?

I would like to try manually bridging the wires on the connector, if I knew what wires to bridge. I don’t want to short something else out.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
If by little tab, you mean having to push the switch down before you can switch it to pour low, I did not need to change that part of the switch. Just a little white plunger that pushes down on the contact. I have since taking the part again, and tried to manually bridge that connection, and nothing shows up on the dash, and definitely no clicking of the actuator. Does anyone know if there is a specific fuse for this?

I would like to try manually bridging the wires on the connector, if I knew what wires to bridge. I don’t want to short something else out.

View attachment 3161063

View attachment 3161064

The tab is on the rocker switch that pushes the plunger

img_5992-jpg.3072758

I posted somewhere the I repaired this with JB weld. I found the little tab crazy glued it in place and then built up and around it with JB Weld. You could easily form the tab with JB Weld.

The tab is on the rocker switch that pushes the plunger

img_5992-jpg.3072758
I tried shorting there connector, but to no avail. Seems it is further down the wiring harness, or most likely in the actuator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom