What is this slot on the dash? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I've been trying to figure out what this little slot is below the parking assist warning, auto brights and head light cleaner buttons is for. Not even sure what to call it which makes it difficult to research.
Thanks.

20221014_141038.jpg

I would keep my roadside assistance card there but concerned some tweaker will think it’s a credit card and throw a rock through my window..

Actually, it's to deposit mail. Put a stamped envelope in there, and it goes directly to the Post Office...

In Japan, I have heard it's for like a parking pass or toll card.
I had a 15 year old ‘85 Honda Accord in college that had a drop down change container in the same space which was perfect when we all had to pay tolls with change (remember chucking it in the basket on the fly?). I now have an old case from my kids braces as a change container in the top hatch of the center console. Quite a rattle.

I had a 15 year old ‘85 Honda Accord in college that had a drop down change container in the same space which was perfect when we all had to pay tolls with change (remember chucking it in the basket on the fly?). I now have an old case from my kids braces as a change container in the top hatch of the center console. Quite a rattle.
My old Subaru had a similar container, I guess it’s a Japanese car thing. It was a very handy spot to keep stuff in, the occasional contraband found its way in there… ahhh, to be young again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom