Not a 200 Post but, might be your next, thanks to Wescott Designs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good stance. I have the Westcott lift for my 200, and so far it's been solid. I think the lines of the Sequoia are good but the low stance OEM and less aggressive tires understates it's potential.

Good stance. I have the Westcott lift for my 200, and so far it's been solid. I think the lines of the Sequoia are good but the low stance OEM and less aggressive tires understates it's potential.
Are you using stock suspension with the lift? If not, I wonder how the Westcott would do with a suspension equally comfortable as OEM but with a little better control under hard stops and cornering(Bilsteins,etc.). Would you mind sharing some photos of your 200 and what your front, rear height measurements are. How does your 200 ride over broken pavement? Thanks!

Are you using stock suspension with the lift? If not, I wonder how the Westcott would do with a suspension equally comfortable as OEM but with a little better control under hard stops and cornering(Bilsteins,etc.). Would you mind sharing some photos of your 200 and what your front, rear height measurements are. How does your 200 ride over broken pavement? Thanks!
Sure, not trying to derail but we are talking Westcott so I think it matters.

Front was up 2" (I only installed the bottom plate that the coil rests upon, and skipped the top spacer - I didn't want 3" up front to maintain rake when under load).
Rear I did put in the puck, and on my 2017 I pulled the 3rd row and stuck it in storage. So 1". I ended up with:
Front = 36"
Rear = 37"

These are fender to ground, on 285/65/r18 BFG KOs2.

Just note that it was exactly 2" from OEM and 1" rear, which is somewhat uncommon that it a 2" lift which was exactly 2", but it was.

-- Other Notes --

Bought truck with OEM Dunlops and no work about 6 months ago, ride was really smooth, even on rough roads. In order, here's what I did:
- Drove truck for 2k miles to understand vehicle
- Added 285/65/r18 BFGs on stock wheels
- Westcott 2"/1" lift
- Spidertrax wheels + Dipped OEM wheels black with Brass Monkey hyperdip finish layer.

OEM stock was super smooth, adding the BFG (load E) made it a little harsher, but still really smooth (floaty went to normal, not harsh or rough). That was sidewall flex. Changing from OEM suspension to adding Westcott made no difference. Still have stock UCAs (I'd recommend an upgrade but it's fine). Got alignment, was fine. Didn't feel lack of caster due to lift, but will do UCA later (thinking SPC).

10,000 miles on BFG KO2 and they measure 13/16th front and back tires, inside/middle/outside of each tire. No uneven wear to report even though I swear camber is slightly positive from my eyecrometer, but still within spec.

Ride with Westcott was exactly OEM. The tires made more of a ride difference than the suspension.

Just got back from Colorado - Bill Morris Lake trail, Santa Fe in Denver area....then Governor Basin, Yankee Boy Basin, and Hurricane/California to Lake Como to Animas, down to Silverton.

---- Final Review ----

Having brought my 2020 4Runner the previous 2 years with an Ironman lift on 265/70/r17 BFGs, this ride was WAY smoother and I rarely even locked the center diff. Due to that, the 2016 4Runner in front of me was making 3 point turns and I was making it in a single swing.

Freaking unbelievable IMO, and he used his rear locker a few times where my MTS just crushed the obstacle. This is a bad ass machine that rides more comfortable and has a v8. I still have my 4Runner but this is what I'm driving up there from now on.

lc02.jpg

lc01.jpg

Last edited:

Front was up 2" (I only installed the bottom plate that the coil rests upon, and skipped the top spacer - I didn't want 3" up front to maintain rake when under load).
Rear I did put in the puck, and only 2017 I pulled the 3rd row and stuck it in storage. So 1". I ended up with:
Front = 36"
Rear = 37"

Just note that it was exactly 2" from OEM and 1" rear, which is somewhat uncommon that it a 2" lift which was exactly 2", but it was.

-- Other Notes --

Bought truck with OEM Dunlops and no work about 6 months ago, ride was really smooth, even on rough roads. In order, here's what I did:
- Westcott 2"/1" lift
- Spidertrax wheels + Dipped OEM wheels black with Brass Monkey hyperdip finish layer.

OEM stock was super smooth, adding the BFG (load E) made it a little harsher, but still really smooth (floaty went to normal, not harsh or rough). That was sidewall flex. Changing from OEM suspension to adding Westcott made no difference. Still have stock UCAs (I'd recommend an upgrade but it's fine). Got alignment, was fine. Didn't feel lack of caster due to lift, but will do UCA later (thinking SPC).

10,000 miles on BFG KO2 and they measure 13/16th front and back tires, inside/middle/outside of each tire. No uneven wear to report even though I swear camber is slightly positive from my eyecrometer, but still within spec.

Ride with Westcott was exactly OEM. The tires made more of a ride difference than the suspension.

Just got back from Colorado - Bill Morris Lake trail, Santa Fe in Denver area....then Governor Basin, Yankee Boy Basin, and Hurricane/California to Lake Como to Animas, down to Silverton.

---- Final Review ----

Having brought my 2020 4Runner the previous 2 years with an Ironman lift on 265/70/r17 BFGs, this ride was WAY smoother and I rarely even locked the center diff. Due to that, the 2016 4Runner in front of me was making 3 point turns and I was making it in a single swing.

Freaking unbelievable IMO, and he used his rear locker a few times where my MTS just crushed the obstacle. This is a bad ass machine that rides more comfortable and has a v8. I still have my 4Runner but this is what I'm driving up there from now on.

View attachment 3121813

View attachment 3121814
Thank you for very detailed report. The wheels look grrrrreat!

I'm getting a full roof rack from them next week. Didn't even know they had one to offer. Only show the basket roof rack on their website.

I am impressed by how quick Westcott Designs is having fun with the new Seqoia…

On 35’s

On 37’s

Very nice. Almost makes me want a Sequoia.

Rear I did put in the puck, and on my 2017 I pulled the 3rd row and stuck it in storage. So 1". I ended up with:
Front = 36"
Rear = 37"

-- Other Notes --

- Westcott 2"/1" lift

---- Final Review ----

View attachment 3121813

View attachment 3121814
This is the exact set up I'm looking at. Noticed you still have the front mud flaps intact. No rub at all? I run 285 65 BFG as well with no issues stock but was worried the Westcott lift might change things. I like my mud flaps!

I did say "almost". lol

This is the exact set up I'm looking at. Noticed you still have the front mud flaps intact. No rub at all? I run 285 65 BFG as well with no issues stock but was worried the Westcott lift might change things. I like my mud flaps!
No rub until I space out the wheels, but that's expected. Using stock wheels with stock offset on those tires and lift is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom