Exhaust shop recommendations (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yngmrostrvile

GOLD Star
Threads
Looking for recommendations for a local exhaust shop that can rework a manifold.

V8 manifold? Srock They are bad at cracking and having leaks. I had to swap a set on my cousins v8 over Thanksgiving one year. That was not a pleasant job. Might research replacements and all the studs and bolts prior to discussing with the shop. Just so you know what your walking into.

Long story. Yes, 100 series 4.7l. DTs are not available. Found another company that ensured theirs would fit, theirs does not provide space for intermediate steering shaft. If I can find a reputable exhaust shop, I can have them reroute the cylinder#1 and 3 tubes which will allow the needed room for intermediate steering shaft.
This caused me to miss Saturdays get together.

Long story. Yes, 100 series 4.7l. DTs are not available. Found another company that ensured theirs would fit, theirs does not provide space for intermediate steering shaft. If I can find a reputable exhaust shop, I can have them reroute the cylinder#1 and 3 tubes which will allow the needed room for intermediate steering shaft.
This caused me to miss Saturdays get together.
That sounds like a lot of custom work. Sounds simple but manifold in and out several times full weld and hope for no leaks…. I’ve installed many. Dorman are pretty much identical to OEM. DT are the only other I’d look at. I’ve installed several.

Just an FYI, DT's are in stock at Summit

Bumping up an old thread to drop a review/recommendation. I found a guy out in Raymore who does great work. J&M Custom Exhaust. He does stainless or aluminized steel and really pays attention to the details. Has his own shop out behind his house and you can park a vehicle and trailer on the street for easy unloading without having to back in.

DA43D996-B4AA-4690-83DC-727B9230A727.jpeg

947B12B8-7E10-4C5A-B659-249F81940F98.jpeg

Bumping up an old thread to drop a review/recommendation. I found a guy out in Raymore who does great work. J&M Custom Exhaust. He does stainless or aluminized steel and really pays attention to the details. Has his own shop out behind his house and you can park a vehicle and trailer on the street for easy unloading without having to back in.

View attachment 3023672

View attachment 3023673
I think I could keep him busy for days. Exhaust and rust repair/paint is a constant conversation I have with customers.

View attachment 3023672

View attachment 3023673
Thanks on this! Jack just finished helping me out. Stellar workmanship! Great guy.

20221025_105703.jpg

20221025_105704.jpg

20221025_131841.jpg

20221025_131825.jpg

@yngmrostrvile custom headers? Didn't want to do Doug Thorley? and did you happen to have him do exhaust from the headers back? that is on my to do list possibly this coming spring. Assuming this is in the 2000 470, 4.7l? If he did custom exhaust i would love to see it and discuss. I hope to fix manifold leaks this weekend but i know there is a bad patch behind the muffler that needs attention later. For now i just plan on moving my leaks further back in the exhaust system.

Check out my journey thus far...https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/complete-exhaust-system-option-headers-to-tailpipe.1247339/post-14370790
DTs were not available a year ago and there was no scheduled manufacture date scheduled. Rhino Exhaust claimed to have a solution for our LH drive hundos. The driver's manifilold interfered with the intermediate steering shaft.

I did find that after posting.. I probably should have done more research b4 getting the DT headers. i don't think the intermediate steering shaft would be in the way on my truck and i probably could have gotten a full system with minimal issues. I would love to see the routing of your exhaust after you get everything installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom