Body shop recommendations (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kcjaz

SILVER Star
Threads
As some of you know I took some body hits to the 200 at HWM. Some of this I can do (basically the bolt on front fender parts but some of it is beyond my skill.

I’ve used McCarthy in Olathe and have got a quote but they seem to struggle with only fixing specific things and there general approach is to replace stuff back to original OEM rather than doing something that is functional but not cosmetically perfect. They don’t really seem too excited about a
doing non-insurance claim work.

In the event that the rig is totaled (likely) and I buy the truck back, I need a good body shop that can help me with the parts I can’t do like cutting and welding partial body panels and that won’t get hung up on returning everything back to OEM spec.

Recommendations?

They’re not close to you (you’re in Olathe I think), but I’ve used both Eveland Brothers in Merriam and Hendrick on Troost. I’d recommend both. Eveland was a non-insurance repair, but it was a number of years ago, so take that with a grain of salt. Hendrick was recent. I’ll say it took them a few days longer than they originally estimated, but it was because they were waiting for a part, and they covered the additional rental cost. They combined both an insurance claim with a non-insurance repair. Worked with me to shift any costs they could to insurance, which I appreciated.

Sorry to hear the rig took substantial damage. Sounds like you and everyone else are ok? I don't have any helpful suggestions, just wanted to share my sympathy and hope that you're able to sort things out in a timely way with minimal headache.
all good. Just bent metal.

I had a pleasant experience with Molle Toyota's collision when I had my hood replaced on the 100. The paint looked good, had good communication through the process, and they worked with me on what I wanted replaced versus/not. Also, helpful on the insurance side.

That said, I've heard some good things about Tanner's Collision and will - (key word) eventually - check them out for some rust repair I need on my A pillar for the 80.

Did you knock out a window? I saw the yellow and thought maybe it was just a fuel container or something.

Pics?
Yeah. Blow out the window. Carnage below:

IMG_2667.jpeg

1684433161252.png

Last edited:
Glad you are wanting to keep it. And thanks for staying the rest of the weekend.

Suburban Rod and Custom in Merriam.
Jim Plekowski is the owner. They do lots of great custom work as well as insurance work. They need the insurance work to keep the doors open, but they'll do whatever is asked.
6142 Merriam Drive
Merriam, KS 66203
913-262-2343

Rob does body work on his own vehicles. Might be worth checking in with him. Depending on how pretty/perfect you want it is the question The rear cargo area might be the hardest part to fix. But watch the yards and can prob find a front hit 200 and cut the back corner off? I think the front will be a lot of panels and some minor stuff. Well, not really minor but you know what I mean.

Rob does body work on his own vehicles. Might be worth checking in with him. Depending on how pretty/perfect you want it is the question The rear cargo area might be the hardest part to fix. But watch the yards and can prob find a front hit 200 and cut the back corner off? I think the front will be a lot of panels and some minor stuff. Well, not really minor but you know what I mean.
Yeah, I’m talking to Rob. Thanks.

Need to settle insurance first. I started a thread on the 200 forum regarding that.

Pirello brothers. Family owned, quality work.
Called them to get an estimate. They are not interested in major work that isn't going through insurance.

I'm just going to have to let the insurance thing play out before I can make any decisions. The insurance co's estimator will come and look at the truck tomorrow. That only took a week... Painfully slow. They can't even begun to talk value or scenarios unit they get a repair estimate. I have collected my mod invoices to argue value when the time comes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom