2019 Phone Mounting Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally convinced my wife she needed a LC to add to the FL62 and FJ40. Needless to say she loves the truck and hates the phone interaction. I’m researching options on all the treads for adding CarPlay (overwhelming to say the least). What I need now is short term phone mounting option while I figure out longer-term. Anyone have pics or specific mounts/location that work for you? I want to keep her happy with the truck and she can’t survive without Waze!!

KB

I currently use the Nitize Steelie setup with the ball mount, but I'm considering moving to THIS.

The Steelie has the advantage of various accessories like the vent mount and windshield mount. I usually keep one of those in my bag when I'm on trips, so I have something to use in a rental car.

I have the EC Offroad Carplay unit and have had no problems with it. It may be overkill for some, if you don't use the Android apps, but I like the ability to load Netflix and Disney movies for long trips or watch live TV via the YouTube TV app, for sports etc.

I use a ProClip phone mount with a WixGear Stick on Magnet. Would highly recommend. Does a great job with an iPhone 13 Pro Max and is perfect for daily use and doesn't take up windshield space. If I could do it again I would turn the magnet 90 degrees. Will be running the same setup this summer on my E30 and E39.

1649426715707.png

I have considered looking for a carplay screen in the same location and moving the phone. Havnt had a chance to review options yet.

I use a ProClip phone mount with a WixGear Stick on Magnet. Would highly recommend. Does a great job with an iPhone 13 Pro Max and is perfect for daily use and doesn't take up windshield space. If I could do it again I would turn the magnet 90 degrees. Will be running the same setup this summer on my E30 and E39.

View attachment 2975028

I have considered looking for a carplay screen in the same location and moving the phone. Havnt had a chance to review options yet.

Big fan of the ProClip as well. Quick install and I like what you did with the magnet mount. Need to swap out my MobArmor for one.

For me, since i have iPhone 13 PM with Magsafe, i use this: Amazon product ASIN B098NJXXMD
Super strong hold of my iPhone even with off-roading! I mount it to the AC vent just to the right of steering wheel. Mounts high up…within line of sight without blocking view. Since the holder is open in the back, my phone gets cooled by the AC even after hours of use. And in winter time, i just shut off that vent to prevent heat from frying my iPhone. :D

For me, since i have iPhone 13 PM with Magsafe, i use this: Amazon product ASIN B098NJXXMD
Super strong hold of my iPhone even with off-roading! I mount it to the AC vent just to the right of steering wheel. Mounts high up…within line of sight without blocking view. Since the holder is open in the back, my phone gets cooled by the AC even after hours of use. And in winter time, i just shut off that vent to prevent heat from frying my iPhone. :D
Now that i am home, here is my mount…nice and high. Easy to see Maps. Easy to navigate while driving because phone is within easy reach (and line of sight). The black tape “ball” at the bottom right of the AC vent is to prevent the AC splines from moving (thus swinging your phone) when you take a corner.

58CCB845-3DFD-40E2-A752-D3BC2B16EC6C.jpeg

3E610409-33F5-43FA-A743-DBBF1C843AAC.jpeg

640BEA5D-5472-4AEC-94D3-1B0FD96DB7F3.jpeg

2E1D2205-7F06-45F9-82F6-A3484DDD11F6.jpeg

View attachment 2975028

Could you provide a link to the proclip you used in this setup?

Could you provide a link to the proclip you used in this setup?

I like the pro clip together with wireless charger. So good and just beside the wheel on my phone that i have no longer an interest to add a carplay module to the head unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom