Just got a super nice 01 LX! Really want to upgrade to the newer taillights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys! I just bought a super nice 2 Owner 2001 LX470 with 250k on it. It's in impeccable condition and has been dealer maintained its entire life. I completely love it so far! First thing I did is replace the stock mark levinson head unit with a Sony AX-100 Double Din with carplay. Stereo shop said it wasn't possible but using the info I found on this forum I bought a TYTO-01 harness and it works perfect!

I've got so many little things I want to do to this thing. Roof Rack, OEM Spoiler, HID Headlights (I was just going to buy an H1 HID Kit and throw them in but I've decided to do the TSX-R lenses instead unless anyone has a better opinion). But the thing I really want the most are the LED Taillights from the 06/07 models. I understand they changed the rear tailgate and that the oem lights will not fit. I briefly tossed around the idea of finding the lower hatch off an 05+ model and putting it on mine but that seems expensive and I have no idea if i'll have to change the top part too. So far the ONLY options I've found are these no name eBay China ones (1set LED Tail Lighs For Lexus LX470 1998 to 2002 year LED Rear Lamps Assembly | eBay)

They look ok and at first glance are exactly what I'm looking for (good price too) but I'm always so worried about buying cheap ebay stuff. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with them?

I think @FxFormat has the LC version of these eBay tail lights. He seems to like his. If I wanted the LED look in the rear, I'd consider those eBay ones as well. I'm not scared of their quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom