Is this a good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reddog90

SILVER Star
Threads
Eyeing a white/tan '08 for my wife I found online. 165k miles and 36 service records for $25k. Carfax shows an accident in 2013:

Damage Report:
Accident reported
Involving front impact
Involving rear impact
with another motor vehicle
Very minor front damage reported
Minor damage reported
Minor to moderate rear damage reported
Airbags did not deploy

Carfax shows no structural damage though. Is this enough to shy away from this purchase? Or was this just a minor fender bender and nothing to be afraid of? Interior and exterior shots look good, but I haven't seen it in person yet. Hoping we can talk them down to low 20s at least. Thanks for any insight.

I would not rely on a Carfax report for the extent of damage in an accident. Those are subjective and one person's "minor" could mean pretty much anything. And, the possibility of moderate rear damage and damage to both front and rear may mean more than a fender-bender in this particular case. Realize too, that any damage report on a Carfax makes the vehicle more difficult to sell/trade for a good price in the future. I'd keep looking if it was me.

Would need to look at yourself. Then it is a personal choice. Lots of 10 year old vehicles have been in wrecks.

No, I would definitely not buy that. Too many non jacked up 200s around.

I wouldn't be game for spending that much on a known wrecked rig. There are too many others out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom